01 Path Oil Consumption

tkpath

Bought used with 34K miles in November 03 .. oil/filter serviced by Nissan in Dec 03.

Put 6,000 miles on car since then .. checked oil recently and it needed 3 quarts.

Is this a normal oil burn rate for a Pathfinder???

Plus, I'm on my second SES light (first one was some air intake sensor). Any relation.

Thanks

dunno bout any connection between the light and the oil consumption, but that sounds more than a little excessive!! Sounds like you have a major issue on your hands in fact. A half quart in 6k miles might be more like it for the 3.5L

did you have the oil changed in that 6,000 mi? Oil does tend to burn off more easily as it gets older although 3 quarts is a lot. Might want to check for leaks if you havent already.

Thanks to those who posted. This time SES light was due to 2 timing solenoids failing (yup, 2) .. but they were covered under the post 36k warranty for engine/trannie repairs. Thankfully. No word yet on where the oil went. I'm thinking the previous repair had something to do with it (changed Nissan dealers for this repair).

Do SES lights keep appearing on these cars? I suppose if the repairs are covered under warranty I'll keep getting them fixed.

Thanks again.