Sunroof cover off track

Pauly321

Has anybody ever had there sunroof cover come off the track? I got it to close but it isnt on the track properly. I think that one of the clips may have broken....The owners manual has nothing on this and it is hard to get my head up through the sunroof to inspect. Anyone have any ideas or pics?

Has anybody ever had there sunroof cover come off the track? I got it to close but it isnt on the track properly. I think that one of the clips may have broken....The owners manual has nothing on this and it is hard to get my head up through the sunroof to inspect. Anyone have any ideas or pics?

I have had the whole sunroof and all off. Honestly its easier to tell all of this with the sunroof off, its a relatively simple procedure. Theres some plastic decorative pieces on the sunroof itself that have little plastic screws holding it on. Take them out, pull gently so it unclips, then take 4 nuts off the sunroof and its off. I took mike off to condition the weatherstripping and put my sunroof cover back on track. You can easily see the track while looking down without the sunroof panel on their. if you want, pm me your email and I can email you the haynes manual type thing that describes how to take apart pretty much anything on your truck.

I have the same problem, but haven't looked at it yet. Let me know what you find because I'll probably be doing the same thing.

Yeah I took the cover off completly its pretty simple. I am not sure how to get it to fit in just right. I had it back in and it only pushes back about 3/4 of the way. I see that there are 2 metal like tabs at the end of the cover...how do they go back into the track? Does the sunroof have to be opened or closed to put it back in?

• 2 weeks later...
Still can't get this damn thing to go in right. Can somebody please tell me the steps of getting the cover back in properly??

The only way I know how to do it is by taking off the actual sunroof glass...if you PM me your email addy I will send you the section of the manual that describes how to take it off, it took me maybe 5 mins to take mine off. Then you can easily do it

and I think you will have to take off the glass itself to get to it, it only takes 5 minutes or so with a short phillips head, a flat head to pry, and a small adjustable wrench

First you remove the plastic trim on both sides. There is a plastic screw at the back, remove that, then remove the clip that it screws into. Then grab that part of the plastic, pry it down just a little to unclip the back, then swing that part towards the inside to remove the trim piece

0518081337.jpg

Then there are three nuts you have to remove, two in the front and one in the back. After you remove these nuts gently lift the sunroof to remove the shims. Then gently remove the sunroof.

0518081323.jpg

0518081322.jpg

• 14 years later...