IFS...

93AKFinder

so since i have IFS in the front of my pathfinder...Can i get a different axle for it or should i stick with the original?...and also what are the pros and cons of this?...Kai

SAS is the way to go if you wanna lose the IFS. i believe older waggy axels and older bronco axels work, calmini also sells an SAS kit...... for about $1800 (plus allt he other stuff you need)

rugged rocks off road have a new 3 link set up for the front off a yota, for around $2200..... which is the way I'm going to go with king. almost all direct bolt on, only a bracket or 2 to be fabbed.

downfalls? well, more lift= more than likely bigger tires = higher gas bills.........

Edited by Slick

ok here is another question...should i stick with the stock IFS or can i expect problems later on down the road and would it be more convenient to swap to SAS before i start fskcin around seriously?...Kai

Edited by 93AKFinder

ok here is another question...should i stick with the stock IFS or can i expect problems later on down the road and would it be more convenient to swap to SAS before i start fskcin around seriously?...Kai

well, it depends...... what kind of *fawking around* do you plan on doing? rocks, rubicon/moab kinda stuff, or playin int he mud and mild to mid runs? every weekend or whenever you can go?

you can strengthen your IFS steering components with a hoohaa center link, that will help save TRE"s from getting killed fast..... also, having your t-bars cranked up will also wear things out faster.....

well, it depends...... what kind of *fawking around* do you plan on doing? rocks, rubicon/moab kinda stuff, or playin int he mud and mild to mid runs? every weekend or whenever you can go?

you can strengthen your IFS steering components with a hoohaa center link, that will help save TRE"s from getting killed fast..... also, having your t-bars cranked up will also wear things out faster.....

well i am planning on playing in the mud...may be a little bit of rocks...well this summer it will most likely be whenever i can...yeah someone said that i should mess with my t-bars and i thought about it and i'm not really sure what that will do sos since you said that it would fskc them up then i won't even mess with them...so would you seriously recommend sticking with the IFS for just weekend warrior...or what?...Kai

the WD21 IFS setup at stock height offers supior road handing (opion) for what came to be known as part of the first the SUV's. If you like faster paced windy trails with some small (er) rocks ditches and a little mud a Beefed up IFS should do you fine; HoHaa CL is always a good idea, Calmini and 4x4 parts sell upper "a" arms that correct the alignment problems of at Torsion bar lift and even full kits to beef up susp. I wouldn't Push IFS any farther thatn 3" susp lift.

You could prolly go rougher than that On wd21 IFS (Ive had mine 6ft up in a jump, I like jumping lol) but stuff will prolly wear out faster (damn jumping) and High centering (ground clearance) can be an issue as the obstacles you choose become bigger.

4"+ go SAS, alignment issuses (if properly intsalled) are, from my uderstanding, next to none. your biggest High center concern is your axles and bigger tires can help that and hey you have rooom for them too! Go crazy. Go jump. Go mud. Go rock crawl. Go slow on sharp turns. Go. Go.. Go... Ok, thats really all I know about SAS Hope this helps

well i am planning on playing in the mud...may be a little bit of rocks...well this summer it will most likely be whenever i can...yeah someone said that i should mess with my t-bars and i thought about it and i'm not really sure what that will do sos since you said that it would fskc them up then i won't even mess with them...so would you seriously recommend sticking with the IFS for just weekend warrior...or what?...Kai

yes, from what you described, you can stick with the factory set up. what I meant by the t-bars was, don't crank them to the amximum height, you will roast cv's quicker than snot. if your t bars sag after a crank with 1" left tot he bump stop, then you need to change or reindex them.

a hoohaa CL will help as well ($225, cheap upgrade) , good shocks, and removing the rear sway bar for rocks will give you more flex out back while keeping the truck handling good on the road still. removing the front sway bar won't do much for you, as it's the IFS itself that doesn't have a bunch of flex.

I wheeled mini me stock for 2 years before the front diff died (long story, NOT the pathy's fault)..... king handles the wheeling i do without a problem.....

a good set of A/T tires will be an excellent investment, tires make ALL the difference :aok:

If you're not going to go out and do some amazing trails or hardcore wheeling, keep the IFS. SAS'es are for hardcore offroading where you would normally break something and cause a disaster.

so your a "hardcore offroader?" :D lol

Ya, im doing a sas once my motor craps out...

Throw in 22re

toyota tranny/tcase

toyota rear ifs axle

toyota straight axle with high steer :tonguefinger:

Then my name will really mean NISSYOTA88 :D (im gonna paint that on the tailgate when i do that also)

So your not sellin' KING?

Want to sell me the SL off him when ya go 3 link?

won't be til next year, and NO, he's not for sale anymore :wub: i luv the old fart. much as he annoys me lol

won't be til next year, and NO, he's not for sale anymore :wub: i luv the old fart. much as he annoys me lol

I'm in no hurry.

Going to run OME SL/body lift with 31's until I get all the pieces gathered to run 33's right.

Just curious as to wether you were gonna sell the stuff or put it on mini me.

I'll keep a lookout for when you get the 3 link.

Oh, Sorry about jackin' the post

Edited by jitterymonkey