how do you drop the spare tire on the 2001 Path?

mikeralph

the booklet that says Owners Manual contains no information at all only a listing of each state's regulations or whatever.

i see the long rod with the small T at the end. I assume that rod fits in some slot and then is twisted like a screwdriver to drop the tire.

where is the slot that it fits in?

thanks

Not sure why state regulations would affect this but anyway, you need to open the rear hatch first. Then look for an oval shaped hole above the bumper. Slide the long handle, t-end in first, into this hole and along the tube. It will connect with the chain drive over the tire. You will need the smaller L shaped tool to act as the handle to do the cranking.

Note that both these pieces are also used to activate the stock jack.

Hope this helps. I think there may be photos here somewhere as this was asked awhile back too. You could try a search for more info.

As a matter of fact, I just had to go change a flat on my wifes 2004 pathy yesterday. I swear that woman is a magnet for flats tires, never seen anyone get so many screws, nails, and even a a wrench, yes a wrench! in the tires.

But thats another story in itself.

For whatever reason, when she got her first flat in this vehicle, I didnt even know where the tire letdown bar was stashed, and I actually had to pull out the manual to locate it under the back rear seat.

Does anybody know if the tool to get the hard plug out is back there too? I dont remember seeing it when I changed her last flat tire, but I wasnt looking for it either. I will have to check when she gets back in town.

Bout time for a tune-up.

Yup that tool in in the tool bag,

It looks like a short, round length of tubing. It might even double as one of the jack tools but I can't remember!

Also, some people with newer Pathfinders reported not having that tool, if I recall correctly.....