Head light relays

DaveS

Im thinking about putting relays in my headlight circut to get the power all i have to do is tap in to the positive from the battery and ground to the body. And i sould be able to trigure the relay with the leads going to one of the head lights right now correct?

i was wondering if the battery termanal was a good place to take power from? that seems to be where everything else comes from

and if i can use the power for just one of the headlights in the stock configuration to trigger the relay

also does anyone know how to override the fog lights so that they can be on when the brights are on.

i was wondering if the battery termanal was a good place to take power from? that seems to be where everything else comes from

and if i can use the power for just one of the headlights in the stock configuration to trigger the relay

also does anyone know how to override the fog lights so that they can be on when the brights are on.

I dont' know about where you are, but I know in PA that is illegal. Don't ask me why *shrugs*

yeah i get my power from the battery. remember that the lights are actually wired through the switch on the wand. i am pretty sure there is no relay for the headlights.
I dont' know about where you are, but I know in PA that is illegal. Don't ask me why *shrugs*

yeah, in most states it is illegal. i run my spots with brights on dark 'remote' drives and have never had an issue and actually i flushed out a cop a week or so ago but he didn't bother with me. it maybe that our law only forbids more the 4 'head' lights..

http://www.offroad-ed.com/

but if you want to find out use the search function. there is a topis or two about how to go about it.

If you want them on whenever (parking lights-low beams-high beams), do this (on a WD21):

Pull the stock switch inside the truck. The Purple should be switched power from the headlight circuit into the switch, yellow is power output from the switch giong to the relay under the hood, and if I remember right, green is ground. From the relay under the hood (probably a Bosch), I believe its black wires for power to the lights if still stock.

Find a new switched power source to tap into and bypass the headlight circuit, which will be routed through the switch to trigger the fog/driving light relay. You can tap the parking lights or go to the headlight switch or fuse, etc. Then run a new wire from there, and use that to replace the purple lead wire and hook your new wire to the purples wire's location on the switch. Now the lights will work independently of low/high as well as alone while the parking lights are on, but you won't be able to forget and leave them on by themselves like you might with a separate aftermarket switch.

It might sound a little weird, but look at any basic wiring diagram for fog/driving lights, and this should all make sense.