Poor Guy

dagwoodzz

Yeah, that happens. They found the body of some Austin guy just off a main highway in a grass copse, still in his Jeep, a couple of years ago.

And then there's this:

http://www.wishtv.com/global/story.asp?s=8039063

Body found in Jeep identified as missing Plainfield man

Posted: March 19, 2008 09:13 AM

PLAINFIELD, Ind. (WISH) - The body found in the Jeep recovered from a Glen Haven subdivision retention pond has been identified as Harold Brad Hensley.

The ID was made based on dental records.

According to the Hendricks County coroner, the initial autopsy revealed no evidence of significant injuries or trauma but no cause of death has been determined at this time.

Brad Hensley was last seen leaving his Plainfield home in January of 2006.

They found the body of some Austin guy just off a main highway in a grass copse, still in his Jeep, a couple of years ago.

ouch,

should have bought a nissan!!

ouch,

should have bought a nissan!!

The coroner's best guess was a heart attack, at which point the unguided Jeep went off the road and into the very tall grasses in the non-mow area. While the area was searched repeatedly when he was reported missing, the grasses had sprung back and the Jeep with its contents was only found by accident years later. IIRC, he'd been missing for 8 years.

From the pictures I saw of the scene, unless he'd had a 15' tall whip antenna with an orange flag on top deployed when he was driving down the road, nobody would have found *any* vehicle in that grass.

they just had this crazy story of a wreck in LA where they didn't check the vehicle completely and there was a lady still in there and the family came to get belongings out of the car 2 days later or something and the grandmother was still trapped (dead of course) in the vehicle...

they just had this crazy story of a wreck in LA where they didn't check the vehicle completely and there was a lady still in there and the family came to get belongings out of the car 2 days later or something and the grandmother was still trapped (dead of course) in the vehicle...

Not the first time. See this article on another forum for a related story:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1904237/posts

Not the first time. See this article on another forum for a related story:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1904237/posts

I drove by that the location twice a day the entire time the car was down there.... you couldn't tell there had been a wreck, becauses its a steep down hill, and there were no tire tracks. it was like she had fallen asleep or something, and the grass had sprung back up

Yep, that type of thing happens occasionally here. North California coast area is hilly with a lot of windy cliff side roads... It's not unusual to see an article about someone finding a car or motorcycle days/weeks/months after it disappears. I know there have been a few corners I've misjudged on my bike that I'm sure if I hadn't pulled it off, it would have been the crabs that 'found' me... :shrug:

B