Hiya from Maine

sebois

New member from Maine here.

Sold my '95 Pathy SE last fall. She was a good rig; bought her new in 95, and used her as a daily driver/sometime backcountry vehicle with no mods other than large tires. I started adding a few things a couple of years back: Warn xd9000, brush guard, warn hubs, skid plates, and some other minor mods.

In the next few months I want to buy another 95 SE and modify it for a full-time backcountry machine... I plan on a 2-3" lift, suspension and engine mods, winch and bull bar, and the like. This site rocks, and I can't wait to pick some brains for technical info and general know-how. I have a lot of respect for you guys!

I'm in the information-gathering phase right now, so I send thanks/apologize in advance for what may become a whole lotta questions.

Thanks. She had 247,000 miles on her when I had to sell... frame and body rust (in all the trouble spots), a dead clutch and electrical problems became too much. The SE is a great rig, hence the search for another one.

Welcome! I have seen a few 95's for sale here on the east coast but frame rust seems to be an issue. Make sure you find one that had the optional offroad package cause there was a good thick layer of undercoat and that will have helped keep the rust to a minimum. The only rust on mine that I have had to address is under the driver's feet (but that small fire is another story)

. The only rust on mine that I have had to address is under the driver's feet (but that small fire is another story)

No way... I had the same fire. Driving down I-95 on the way back from a bird-hunting trip, the cab begins to fill with acrid smoke.

I pull over, thinking "ENGINE FIRE!!!", pop the hood but can't find anything. I get down underneath the engine, then underneath the cab, but still can't find anything (the smouldering carpet liner has gone out - lack of air because I'm stopped). After about ten minutes, I begin driving again, and ten minutes after that the carpet under my gas pedal bursts into flames. At the same time my brain is saying "So THAT'S what it was!" I'm pulling over while attempting to pop the release on my fire extinguisher, located behind the center console. After putting the fire out, I cut out a big square of carpet and saw the rust hole.

Funny, the hole under the gas pedal looked just like the two holes under the rear seat that I fixed the year before! :suicide:

Mine occurred pulling a boat up a long hill. Put it out with water bottles we were sipping from. MacGyver'd a new floor pan from a cookie sheet and some hot pads in the parkinglot of a walmart. Haven't had any problems with it since.

Thanks guys.

TerranoNZ you live in a BEEE-YOOO-TI-FUL country. Someday, I will do some fly-fishing and snowboarding there!

:D:beer:

and some wheeling? Most of the time I've got a spare seat :aok:

:D:beer:

and some wheeling? Most of the time I've got a spare seat :aok:

Sweet!

I have a friend in Australia right now; she's not a wheeler, but gets out into the backcountry to camp, climb, etc. She's headed over to NZ in a few months.

Mine occurred pulling a boat up a long hill. Put it out with water bottles we were sipping from. MacGyver'd a new floor pan from a cookie sheet and some hot pads in the parkinglot of a walmart. Haven't had any problems with it since.

Nice. I pulled out a roll of aluminum foil, pulled off about fifteen feet of it, and doubled it up until I had a square about a foot across to cover the hole (which was about an inch across). When I got home I had a guy cut out about 12" of rusted floorboard and weld new steel in its place. No more fires. :itsallgood:

Sweet!

I have a friend in Australia right now; she's not a wheeler, but gets out into the backcountry to camp, climb, etc. She's headed over to NZ in a few months.

Really :sly::D

Cool :aok: