manual to auto swap

89_trailboss

yea im not sure. basically it shouldnt be that hard, just pick up a TCU and auto ECU and wire them up wherever you would want really...otherwise there isnt much electrical comming off of the auto trannys, i think i still have most of my shifter parts as well, shifter and linkages, but im sure since you have like a junkyard full of nissans you could scrounge up those parts yourself....

well the tricky part to the wiring is the interface between the ECU and the TCU...I'm sure they have different pinouts so it may be a matter of getting a manufacturing dwg for each ECU and see which pins do what function and create a modified harness...

I would suspect that the manual to auto conversion would be about 10X more complicated than the opposite unless your an electrical guru that has mechanical abilities...

but I assume most of these older trucks with the auto have a "mechanical" means of shifting IE distributor says teh engine RPM is X so shift which may be pretty straight fwd but I don't really know how all of that works...transmissions are one of those grey areas for me..esp the autos