Fog lights

Ramithepimp77

Hey guys whats up? I was just wonderin if there was a way to get my fog lights to work with my high beams. I read the Generation Edge website every once in a while (since my buddy has a 2002 Edge) and all it is is bending a pin on the relay for them. Is it that easy for us too? Is there any downs sides to doin this? haha

Ranger site fog light mod

Rami

The most straightforward way is to simply run your lights through a switch from a fused line and completely bypass the 'headlight' circuit. That way you can turn them on/off whenever you want. As for down-sides... I know that in PA it's completely illegal to do it. I think you get slapped with a wet noodle and a fine if it's discovered.

I just spliced into the parking lights for a new power lead, and used it to replace the power going from the headlight circuit to the switch. Its the purple wire found at the switch. Its just to switch the relay anyways, so now mine can come on with just the parking lights on and stay on, but I can still turn them off, and all with the stock switch. 1 wire and you're done.