How much will the 5spd cost to rebuild in my 95 SE

zack1978

Hi everyone,

Well after 176,000 miles the 5spd trans in my 95 is starting to get loud in all gears except 4th. I assume that it was damaged back at 155,000 miles when the clutch was replaced and it was filled with fresh oil, however low on oil because of the trans case issue. The oil was filled to the proper height, but not before driving almost 10,000 miles! So now I guess I have to get the job done, but what will it cost? What is involved in the job? Any personal experience?

Thanks,

Zack

i am thinking this may be a good question for your local trans shops. prices vary so much that throwing a price out there would be just that.

Have you done this job before? ANy idea as to what usually needs to be done?

Zack

If YOU pull it it will be cheaper,

I paid 2200 to have the main bearings replaced at 225K (they pulled it & *.*)

most of it was idiot labor as now I have the means and place to pull it, so it would be much cheaper.

yeah pulling it yourself and having them just do a bench job saves you a few hours of labor and at 80 bucks an hours (well atleast out here thats what it is) its worth it. It all just depends what you need, i needed synchros, first, third, fifth, and reverse, plus all new bearings. My job was only 200-300 in parts and 500-800 in labor ha