2" suspsension lift.... couple of clarifications

Guest duke

1) I basically really would love to get some lift on my 98, and from reading around the web, I've concluded that the 2" suspension lift is really the only way to go. :( So, in *essence*, are the only parts that need to be replaced the springs? Or is it the case that longer shocks are needed to match the longer springs? (I would be getting new shocks anyway, but I am just curious)

2) The best price that I've seen for 4 springs is $350 . Is that a good/bad price, esp compared to OEM springs?

3) Although I am not certain, but I could almost swear that my Pathfinder might already be lifted. I am not really sure though, since I've only had it for a few weeks and I don't have contact for the previous owner. Are there specs out there that could allow to measure if the springs are indeed taller than stock?

- Thanks for any help and advice!

What about things such as manual hubs? Are they a good idea after performing the suspension lift?

What I am trying to get at really is... besides the shocks/struts/coils, what other parts might need upgrading in order to keep the car safe and reliable.

I'd hate to have a suspension lift, and then face damaged or broken steering system components.

AFAIK, steering problems aren't really an issue with the R50's cause they have rack and pinion steering. Manual hubs are good for getting slightly better gas mileage by allowing you to disconnect the front axles from the hubs themselves, that's about it. R50 Pathfinders have drive flanges on the ends of the front axles to begin with which means that the front axles are always spinning while the vehicle is in motion.

I discovered that after my lift, the cv joints were at a pretty steep angle and had some vibrations at highway speeds... The manual hubs fixed that...

and I definitely noticed the difference in drag on the front part of the drivetrain. Those hubs free'd up the front quite well

I did the OME Medium Setup on my '96 Pathy. From Rocky Road in Colorado with four springs and two shocks. The rear came up about 2" and the front maybe .5". I have 31 X 10.5 X 15 BFG AT's.The front inner fender wells had to be trimmed to fit the larger tires. The schwabb struts on the front would almost have to be factory length. One day I'll change the front struts and see if that helps the front end lift. Other than that, its very flexy in the rear. It also rides and handles much better than the worn out factory suspension.

I looked at a '99 se today and it looked as though it had already been lifted. It had 31 X 10.5 X15 tires on it with no rubbing on the innner fender wells.

After editing this post a half dozen times the p in Pathfinder in the following url should be lower case. For some reason it wont save that way.

WAVEYhttp://www.rocky-road.com/Pathfinder.html P...

Edited by 88pathoffroad

Yeah, the forum software is funny that way. I tried too and it still doesn't want to save properly. ;) Note the flying white Pathy pic at the bottom of that page...they originally stole a pic from off my website to show a Pathy for theirs without credit until I emailed them about it, then they wanted another pic and put my name on it finally. I oughta give them some newer pics and the forums address, heh.