Oil Change

Kittamaru

weird, i definitely noticed a difference...... and the longer time goes on, the more i KNOW when it's dirty lol. i cleaned mini's last week n she's got her zoom zoom back...... i swear by em.....

different strokes fer different folks i guess.

hi slick :)

yeah I just didnt care for putting a panel type filter "back in the box" and just wanted pure direct access to air :) there was a big difference once I got the big cone filter on. Then I was happy :)

I dont have headers either and just stock exhaust, (but I wish I did...) .... but having been a former autocrosser with RX-7's that were set up with racing exhaust and intakes, I knew that just doing a higher flow

air filter would be ok even with stock exhaust.....anything more than that then it would be just wasteful due to the restrictive nature of stock exhaust.

I look at it like, with stock intake----a person trying to breath through their nose with a bad head cold, and with the high flow air filter----like putting on a 'breath-rite nasal strip' on your nose :) ahhhh.... AIR!

now they may not be legal in all 50 states.......(open type air filter)...... we dont have inspections here in SC.

post-309-1204982887_thumb.jpg

I think they're legal in the mainland 48, don't see why not.

I plan to do a catback exhaust plus a new highflow catalytic in addition to the new intake... I want her breathing real good. Only problem is, I can't seem to find any info on the damn catback system... do they make em for these trucks?

I think they're legal in the mainland 48, don't see why not.

I plan to do a catback exhaust plus a new highflow catalytic in addition to the new intake... I want her breathing real good. Only problem is, I can't seem to find any info on the damn catback system... do they make em for these trucks?

Actually technically illegal in CA, since you can't alter the engine or it's systems. Pretty much all that means is if you a) go to a strict smog shop; put it back to stock for the test, or B) if they don't care and it passes you're fine. :aok: VA it might be illegal also, a guy from NOAS is an inspector and he fails vehicles for all kinds of little alterations.

I have a cone on my 93 and love it, as with others, I don't plan to go swimming with it any deeper than the frame.

Is that safe to do though? I don't want to risk damaging my transmission :(

Plus, when I do this, I plan to bypass the stock cooler and add a new one.

Not sure about how safe that is, but as for you putting in a Aftermarket cooler, good job!!!

That is my next investment.

Oh and here is a FSM for your rig in PDF format.

94 Pathfinder (yours is the same)

hi slick :)

now they may not be legal in all 50 states.......(open type air filter)...... we dont have inspections here in SC.

i understand your reasoning there fer sure :beer:

and they're illegal here in CA.... well, you can put them ON, but you won't pass smog with it. P...

yeah since they are "open type elements", some gasses/fumes can escape into the atmosphere from the intake chambers once the engine is off.

I seriously doubt it would be barely any bad gasses escaping, but I guess uncle sam thinks otherwise.

They should focus more on wasteful spending like the $42 million the IRS wasted on sending out letters saying when you MAY get your extra refund. They could have just posted something on the internet but I guess they are still working in the dark ages......

Duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........