Water leak inside my 1995 Pathfinder

zack1978

Hi everyone,

I was just outside in my 1995 Pathfinder and I noticed that the plastic piece that is screwed to the footwell on the pass side is wet. It has been raining here all day long and the carpet is a bit wet as well. The water is comming in from somewhere on the side of the truck. The exact area that was wet was the actual light housing on the pass side for the floor, there were drips of water there. HAs this happened to anyone else here? The windshield has never been replaced, and the truck has never been in an accident. I am the orig owner and I have never ever had any water leaks in the Pathy! Please help. I hate dealing with water leaks!

Zack

The only ones I had on either of mine were from some rust spots on my 88 along the top of the windsheild. Used to drip right on the steering wheel.

With your's where it is I would double check your gromit for the wires that go to the door and see if it has any gaps.

Ok well I looked close and there is a body seam just below the upper door hinge. Well the seam has some rust and it looks as if the seam sealer is starting to pull away. I guess that is the problem, however how do I get in there with the door and fender in the way? Must I remove the both the door and fender to do this job?

Zack