CV Boots?

lightfoot1316

if you dont break your shaft, then dont change them... put a boot that will last ... made from thermoplastics : http://www.rockfordcv.com/Nissan_bootkits.htm install and forget...

I have been running these for near 2 years now, all year long (winter and all), and there is absolutely no signs of wear... by that time, the normal neoprene would have serious cracks in it...

So, ifI tear the old boots off, the new boots aren't the ones that are 2 piece...they are a one piece whole boot. Are the boots you (fluerys) put on two or one piece? I've been running all winter with both boots shot & road grime, salt, sand, mud, etc. being thrown up on & into them. What would you recommend for cleaning all that and the grease off/out of the axles & get new grease onto them?

Thanks for all your help!

I used a parts cleaner tank. Just soak them in degreaser of some sort over night. There are two boots, inner and outer, both are one piece. The Rockford replacement boots are very high quality.

So, ifI tear the old boots off, the new boots aren't the ones that are 2 piece...they are a one piece whole boot. Are the boots you (fluerys) put on two or one piece? I've been running all winter with both boots shot & road grime, salt, sand, mud, etc. being thrown up on & into them. What would you recommend for cleaning all that and the grease off/out of the axles & get new grease onto them?

Thanks for all your help!

I dunno.....

Not sure how many miles you ran with the joints open to the road but the wear/damage (if any) that was done cannot be undone or washed out. Sure you can keep it from getting worse but.........

Having done it both ways in the past, I'm with the guys who replace the entire halfshaft with a reman if its in your budget. They are pretty cheap nowadays and a hell of a lot easier (and way less messy) than putting new boots on.