Doug Thorley headers users

Cuong Nguyen

Yeah, I do. The header flange is recessed. Could that be why? The pipes of the flange stick out maybe an 1/8th of an inch so only a circle is contacting the gasket and head itself.

yeah thats right, just make sure they are all tightened evenly so it sits flush against the head.

I just went out and looked at mine... The tubes are not even close to the frame rails... just the collector where you connect the cross over/drop down pipes.

Somethings not looking right... got some more pics???

ThorleysArrive2105.jpg

I knew slick had a pic of them... Still looking for a clearance shot.... worse case we can get her to take some new pics under mini's hood and through the wheel wells...

my camera is AFU'd

HeaderInDS.jpg

build051.jpg

Edited by Casey.T

Also, the piping wasn't a flush fit. Most likely bent piping or incorrectly bent pipes or welds since I had trouble lining up the passenger side downpipe. All I have is my phone camera.... I left my camera batteries in NissanNut's pathfinder during our last wheeling trip....

i had the same problem, a 3inch body lift solved this i also had clearance issues with the steering linkage and had to fabricate and weld extensions from the headers to the crosspipe, i thought i just got a incorrectly bent set of headers turns out they are all like this after i received my 2nd set

I didn' t have any problems with installation. Granted, I didn;t do the installation but I didn' have any type of extensions made. Did you have to have the extensions made because of the body lift? I have yet to install my body lift.

I really don't see how any size body lift would help the headers clear the frame.

That first pic is the collector (Y-pipe), correct?

As long as it mounts to the rest of the exhaust system like it should, what's the problem? The engine shouldn't shift enough to cause any kind of rubbing.

The stock exhast doesn't have much clearence in that position either, from what I remember of the last time I crawled under there.

I flipped your pic the right way round (I think) to show what I'm talking about...

DSC00692.jpg