SAS project

rmurph03

All I can say is good luck. I really hope you get it done as you would be if not "the first" one of the first to ever do it. Without a frame it is going to be alot of headaches. I am sure it can be done with the right smarts and $$. Just remember to document it becuase alot of other people will probably take on the job if they know it can be done and there is a write up about it.

Yes 87-95 Pathfinders are on a frame and there are hundreds - if not thousands - that are SAS'ed

96-04 is unibody therefore hard to attach a Solid axle to anything

but Jeep liberty guys are already doing it on their unibodies, so im sure its possible. But those Cheep lovers are much more dedicated and ambitious than us.

you just need time, money, dedication, and the drive to want the SAS and of course its possible.

If i win the $240 million CA lottery today, ill be SAS'ing mine.

if you do plan to proceed youll have to think about other things besides the axle such as, steering, suspension driveshaft, etc... and where to mount all of that. So its not going to be as simple as just putting a new axle under there. check out http://www.roninwheelers.com/vbulletin/index.php as theres a lot of guys on there that have SAS's their rigs and would be able to help you out more on the basics of completing one. But if you do SAS it take lots of pics and notes. More power to ya if you get it done.

Edited by csutke

I've read a few threads about the possibility of SASing an R50... as they said... it wont be a simple job. I'm sure it's possible with enough time, money & engineering... or a magic wand! :D