Oversize radiator for 1994 3.0 4x4

Rickb

well, oversize radiators don't fit all that well.... is the truck auto? if yes, do you keep the overdrive OFF?

I also tow a 3k boat, and have had no towing issues, i tow with my 5 speed and always keep my rpm's between 2600-2800. truck has to work less at that range.

is your h2o pump in good condition? good coolant/water mix? belts not loose? do you have the a/c going when you tow up the hill?

how hot are we talkin? 180,190? higher?

Edited by Slick

Where can I find a radiator for a 1994 3.0 4x4 that will work better. I tow a boat up a 7 mile hill and the temp goes up while towing. The stock radiator is not that great!

Thanks,

Check your timing, make sure it is just at 15 degrees, anything higher will make it run hotter under load. You can run a larger aluminum radiator by running another core. The radiator will be thicker so you will want to run a electric cooling fan for clearance.

Mark

if your tranny is auto you may want to do the cooler mod, quickly. :)

Exactly!

Also something you may want to try is Redline Water Wetter, we use it in our race cars to run a bit cooler. Do you still have the pan under the motor? It is a metal pan bolted under the front of the engine and radiator. This piece helps cooling and when removed you will see higher temps.

Check your timing, make sure it is just at 15 degrees, anything higher will make it run hotter under load. You can run a larger aluminum radiator by running another core. The radiator will be thicker so you will want to run a electric cooling fan for clearance.

Mark

I've been wondering about this subject. Would an aftermarket rad for a turbo 300z work?

The mounts might be a trick and the fans might need to be worked out, but the hose fittings look close.