89 SE Fuel line needed

I have an '89 Pathfinder SE V6 that is in need of some replacement fuel line. Since it's an injected engine, NAPA told me it needs "injected" fuel line. I cut a small piece off and took it in to NAPA with me. By looking at it it appears that 1/4" is too small ans 5/16" is too large. I'm guessing (with the help of a micrometer) that what I need is 8mm (metric) injected fuel line. My dealer doesn't carry it ("We just run out to NAPA and buy it"); NAPA doesn't carry metric sizes (at least not in the town I live in) and there aren't any foreign car parts places around here. The first dealer couldn't even tell me what size fuel line I need. Second dealer asked for a VIN to figure it out (I haven't gotten back to him yet. Nissan National Customer Service said, "We don't offer tech support, we rely on our dealers to do that.") That doesn't make a four-Nissan vehicles owner real happy, especially when the dealer can't tell me what size line I need.

Anyone actuall know what size the fuel line is and where I might be able to get it?

Thanks all.

jim

Very simply put, you're overthinking it and the guys at NAPA are idiots for telling you that you need some sort of special fuel line.

I used 5/16" generic fuel hose and clamped it down with a new hose clamp. It's nothing special, it's nothing different, it's perfectly ordinary and commonly available fuel line, and it works perfectly fine. The fuel pump for the TBI system only runs at about 37 PSI anyway. The guys at NAPA are idiots. :)