Vibration at start up

JohnBoy

I have this weird issue where when I initially crank the engine over there is a weird vibration for about 2 seconds and then it goes away. This same vibration will also occur when going over big bumps. The vibration seems to be coming from under the driver's side floorboard. The bushings on the tension bar is shot but there is no loose play in it that would cause this vibration, so I'm a little puzzled.

bushing on the Tbars???maybe the dust cap covers but I dont recall any bushings on the Tbars but I have been wrong b4

possibly an engine mount? or broken exhaust hanger...is it a vibration you feel or hear? or kinda both? I know the exhaust runs right under the drivers side and could possibly rattle around and hit the frame/floorboard under that area or even be the heat shields rattling

I have the same problem and its my exhaust. I know its loose but I haven't had time to find out where yet, but yeah when you hit bumps of certain degree, or when the engine is at a certain idle speed, it does it, well at least for me. I did find a piece of card board stuck between the second cat and the cross member though, probably someones idea of a fix :crossedwires:

I wish it wasn't so cold out so I can look into this further but to answer I both feel and hear the vibration.

To give more detail if I'm in drive gear the vibration is slight but if I go into neutral the vibration goes away. The vibration is at it's worst on start up and when going over a big bump.

It does have a metal on metal sound to it. Thanks for the help!

I wish it wasn't so cold out so I can look into this further but to answer I both feel and hear the vibration.

To give more detail if I'm in drive gear the vibration is slight but if I go into neutral the vibration goes away. The vibration is at it's worst on start up and when going over a big bump.

It does have a metal on metal sound to it. Thanks for the help!

exhaust. common issue. ;)

Slick I really hope so! Thanks Buddy I have a funeral to go to and would really hate to get stuck.

oh! i am flattered! i have never been called "buddy" before.. b!tch yes, buddy no lol.

if it was a motor mount, it wouldn't have the metal sound, and you wouldn't feel it under your feet... $50 says yer exhaust just wiggled loose n needs some "adjusting" P...:laugh:

oh! i am flattered! i have never been called "buddy" before.. b!tch yes, buddy no lol.

if it was a motor mount, it wouldn't have the metal sound, and you wouldn't feel it under your feet... $50 says yer exhaust just wiggled loose n needs some "adjusting" P...:laugh:

LOL I'm sorry I forgot your a female. Thanks :itsallgood: