Good copy of wiring schematic for '95?

mws

Hey all!

Little blue is ill. Little blue is #4 in our fleet, a sweet '95 that we picked up for my nephew's youngest. Awesome rig, but she has developed an appetite for fuses - she keeps blowing the fuse for the instrument panel, that also affects a bunch of other things. As I recall, this is the bottom right fuse, 10A.

It is clealy an intermittent short that I need to track down. Can anybody e-mail me a good scanned copy of the wiring schematic for a '95? I need the page that shows the fuse panel and then wiring going out to the cabin. I don't think any of this circuit goes out to engine compartment. A scanned copy will let me enlarge and print in color (if applicable).

My email is

m w sweet 1

at

hot mail dot com

delete all the spaces and substitute in the ampersand and period.

Thank you so much!

hope you get the email i sent. i think it should help.

wow thats a tough circuit to diagnose. just start pulling all the connectors and see which one blows another fuse.

Edited by yozsi

Thank you! :aok:

This will help me tremendously, and I SOOOOO appreciate it!

Martin

ps: But can you work on your response time? I mean, I had to wait 19 whole minutes for the answer I needed! :D

oh, this oughta be simple... According to the schematic, the only things on this circuit are the meters and gauges, warning lamp, interlock emergency relay, inhibitor switch, ASCD, ECM, Back up lamp, seat belt timer, air conditioner, rear window defogger, A/T control system, Daytime light control unit, A/T shift lock, and power antenna

That can't be more than, oh, 642 feet of wires and 48 gizbobs to check out/eliminate to find the short.

Good thing my nephew's son is a great guy! I'm not sure I would track this down for myself.

hopefully he can tell you when he pops the fuse (turning on the defroster, pushing the brake to shift from park) so you don't have to go hunting for shorts in some of the more complicated circuits. judging by the season, i think you can safely rule out the airconditioner :rolleyes:

edit: d'oh, just realized you live in cali

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Illumination wire for the stereo? Any kind of aftermarket stereo installed? I remember I grounded that wire doing my stereo install and it cut the fuse for the AC brake lights and cluster. Been a while though.

Seemed to be left turn and/or bump related.

Another quirk: The tachometer reads about 2X of reality. Has anybody ever seen this?

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed!

Thanks again for the schematic, Yozsi. It was incredibly helpful.

Eliminated circuits one by one (cut out of existing fuse circuit and attached to a new, separate fuse) and found it was related to transmission interlock/sensor switches. Started crawling around under there, and found a section of wiring harness that was running very near exhaust pipe. Judging by debris and witness marks, it appears the harness running back to transmission got a little snagged during an off road excursion and pulled taught. When the engine would torque over, the pipe would touch the harness - it eventually melted off the insulation and would then cause an intermittent short when engine torqued over clockwise and touched exposed conductor.

Re-insulated everything and tied it up thoroughly, seems to be just dandy now!