94 4x4 4cy and trans swapped 94 6cyl ?

drifter

My question is , I want the best of both worlds, Would it work if i swapped out the 6 cyl+trans in a 93 4x4 extra cab/longbed truck for a 2.4 4cyl /trans 4x4.?? drive shaft/diff as well??

Or is there such thing as a 93 4x4 extra cab long bed 4 cyl ??

not quite sure if i follow 100% but ASAIK you can swap the engines and tranny's together but you have to also figure out the wiring or swap harnesses as well..you may want to check local DMV laws on this as well prior to doing the work...and i just saw your in CA so that could be kinda tricky and thats y my 87 with the 95 swapped in still has NC plates...just simply b/c I dont want to deal with their BS

check out the swaps section on 4x4parts I think you may find more info there

not quite sure if i follow 100% but ASAIK you can swap the engines and tranny's together but you have to also figure out the wiring or swap harnesses as well..you may want to check local DMV laws on this as well prior to doing the work...and i just saw your in CA so that could be kinda tricky and thats y my 87 with the 95 swapped in still has NC plates...just simply b/c I dont want to deal with their BS

check out the swaps section on 4x4parts I think you may find more info there

Yeah, That could be a problem with california's great smog laws. I just think it would be great to own a 90's long bed extra cab 4x4 with a 2.4 banger.

My 2wd hardbody pick up just turned 300,000 today and still running strong. my 94 path 4x4 has 143,000 on the clock and still sounds and runs great,

Yeah, That could be a problem with california's great smog laws. I just think it would be great to own a 90's long bed extra cab 4x4 with a 2.4 banger.

My 2wd hardbody pick up just turned 300,000 today and still running strong. my 94 path 4x4 has 143,000 on the clock and still sounds and runs great,

You could get the Hardbody right up until the end in 97 with the 2.4L I4 or the 3.0L V6. If you want a 90's LB KC with a 2.4L, you should be able to find one.