Trunk Lock doesnt unlock

Jay7779

I think its a longshot, but here goes..

I have a 93 pathfinder, and the lock for the trunk doesnt unlock, the key wont move at all when you put it in. It used to be the other way around, but one day about 6 months ago I hit the switch thats on the bottom of the hatch and now its locked seemingly forever...which kind of sucks..

Does anybody know if theres any way to manually unlock it from the inside? or am I going to have to visit the locksmith and get him to rekey it?

Thanks in advance

crawl in through the back and remove the panel then open the glass and theres a J shapped bar that if you i think pull up on it will unlock the door and you can then use the handle to open it...on my 87 the locks suck bad so I could always open the glass and left the rear hatch panel off and would just reach in an pop that lever to unlock it...that panel may be a PITA to get off wit the door shut but I think it can be done

sometimes you can go back and forth between the galss nad lock on mine and eventually the lock will unlock but it takes like 20 or so cycles and sometimes it never works...just be careful and dont break the key off in there...also you may want to try it with the hatch glass open

to find the bar I'm speaking of its like right in the middle and the way i found it was by just gently pulling pushing on all of the members in there until i found the right one

Edited by unccpathfinder

When I bought my 90... I was kicking the tires one last time as I the guy was starting the paper work and mine would open either... anyhow it wanted to just couldn't... the seller did most of the work, but it turned out that a screw fell in and jammed it up...

Just something to ck for... John knows better than me... he's helped me out quite a bit...

just an extra 2 cents for ya...

Good Luck

Hey, thanks alot guys, I ended up letting my friend borrow it for a week or so, but I'll try it out when he gets back with it. And I'll make sure to let you guys know how it works out.

• 2 weeks later...