dead battery....er somethin

skywhr

I have an 05 le pathy, twice now Ive gone somewhere turned the ignition to on had the radio playing and the headlights on for an average of about 5 minutes(1 of the times I was getting gas) when I get back in turn the ignition and all the lights and gps and radio turn on but it wont start? I get a jump and it starts right up. the 2 incidents happened about 3-4 weeks apart. The 1st seemed to be because of a loose negative terminal which has been fixed. Any ideas? Do I need a new battery, should I go to the dealer?

Edited by skywhr

so i checked out my battery in the truck and it appears to be the wrong f'n battery, the dealer must have f'd me. Bought this pathfinder used. It only has 550 cold cranking. The 05 needs 700 cold cranking.

550cca should get it started anyway.. i am guessing your charging system may not be upto par or you still have the connection issue.

I went to an auto parts store and had the battery tested, they said the battery is bad. I went to sams club and replaced it. Unfortunately they didnt have the proper battery either, I got a 640 cca battery