a little update

eglaisi_91pathy

So we had a good dump of snow a few weeks ago (and still). About 2.5ft, then freezing rain right after. The pathy was tucked under a car shelter (those vinyl ones) for the winter safely... or so I thought. The weight of the snow collapsed the shelter and a crossbeam smashed the back spoiler or w/e you call it in a few peices and another x-member landed square in the middle of the roof, putting a nice watermelon sized dent in it. My 78 ford was in another shelter next to it, same thing happened, but busted the windshield (probably the only good part on it). Ouch, expensive winter for me.

Silver lining: got a new grille for my frontier for xmas

Frontier015.jpg

Frontier016.jpg

Getting a 3" lift for fronty this spring along with 33" coopers on 17" MB 72 wheels. Still got the 3" BL from 4x4parts I need to put in, may as well fix the dent at the same time. Thats it for now I guess.... wish you all happy holidays and hope everyone has a good new year

Yeah, most of those shelters aren't designed for a snow load. I looked into one for my wife's car that we store under the carport in the winter. Hell, I get jittery about my carport if we get over 6", as it starts to kinda bow in the middle. Has yet to give out at all, but if it would it would destroy my wife's VW.