SES light?

Has anybody else had the problem of the SES light coming on occationally on their '01's???

I got it scanned and the codes came back saying System too lean (bank 1) and system too lean (bank 2). so do i have to replace O2 sensors or a MAF sensor?

Could there be a leak after the MAF?

Please help! any advice would be great

Thanks

P0171 and P0174 codes are often caused by a bad MAF sensor on 3.5L pathfinders. This is a common problem on these vehicles. They can be replaced with a somewhat inexpensive alternative to the Pathfinder MAF. See the link below

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12280

It would also be prudent to download an FSM and conduct the proper diagnostics procedures as indicated in the FSM for these codes. Though this is a common problem, there are other causes as outlined in detail in the FSM.

P0171 and P0174 codes are often caused by a bad MAF sensor on 3.5L pathfinders. This is a common problem on these vehicles. They can be replaced with a somewhat inexpensive alternative to the Pathfinder MAF. See the link below

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12280

It would also be prudent to download an FSM and conduct the proper diagnostics procedures as indicated in the FSM for these codes. Though this is a common problem, there are other causes as outlined in detail in the FSM.

whats an FSM??

thanks for all you advice...ill look into the FSM and conduct the proper diagnostic procedure.

the funny thing is my truck doesnt run rough or anything. the light came on on last tuesday for about 2hrs...parked it for a few hours then when i drove it it wasnt on. It didnt come on all wednesday, but thursday morning when i started her up and drove it for about 5 miles it came on. and i got it scanned both times the light came on and the same codes came up. i called the local autoparts store and asked how much for a MAF and they said $240, but he didnt have any in stock and couldnt get any at all...so i was...well...you know...haha.

ill have too look into an 01 Maxima MAF as soon as i do the FSM procedure, if that is the problem.

whats an FSM??

Visit the link below for a 2001 factory service manual download.

http://phatg20.net/index.php?option=com_re...info&id=166

If you want to try a good parts guy, may I recommend:

Dave Burnette

1-888-254-6060

South Point Nissan

Austin TX

The part number you may need is 226802Y001(again, its worth investigating properly before simply replacing parts even if this is a very common failure)

Visit the link below for a 2001 factory service manual download.

http://phatg20.net/index.php?option=com_re...info&id=166

If you want to try a good parts guy, may I recommend:

Dave Burnette

1-888-254-6060

South Point Nissan

Austin TX

The part number you may need is 226802Y001(again, its worth investigating properly before simply replacing parts even if this is a very common failure)

ok i downloaded the manual but i cant seem to open the file. whats the difference between the 2001 and 2001.5 fsm?

ok i downloaded the manual but i cant seem to open the file. whats the difference between the 2001 and 2001.5 fsm?

You'll need winrar to open the zipped file and adobe reader to read it. Not sure what the difference try downloading both and see what the differnece is.

You'll need winrar to open the zipped file and adobe reader to read it. Not sure what the difference try downloading both and see what the differnece is.

ok ill do that.

so i tested my MAF sensor today and this is what i came up with. I did the backprobe test and connected the probe to the positive signal on the back of the MAF connector, and grounded to the motor. with the key turned on it should read just below 1.0 volt, which it was. then i started the engine. with the engine running it should be 1.0 to 1.8 volts at idle, mine was 1.2volts. i increased the RPM. the MAF signal voltage should increase from 1.6 to 3.0volts, but mine never made it above 2.0volts. does this mean my MAF is bad? i performed the test exactly how the Haynes Repair Manual said.

if anybody could help, it would be great!

thanks.

I personally find ALZip a better program as it handles multiple file compression formats. But WinRAR works just the same.

http://www.altools.net/Downloads/DownloadA...88/Default.aspx

I can't speak on the difference of the 2001-2001.5 models.

I personally find ALZip a better program as it handles multiple file compression formats. But WinRAR works just the same.

http://www.altools.net/Downloads/DownloadA...88/Default.aspx

I can't speak on the difference of the 2001-2001.5 models.

so today i called the local nissan dealership and asked them about my SES light always being on. they said that the PCM was programmed too sensative from the factory thats why the light goes on and off all the time (mostly on) haha. its not necessarly bad O2's or a MAF sensor. well since i bought it from a private party, the guy at the dealership just happened to know the guy i bought it from, said i can come in and give them my VIN # and they can tell me whether or not the PCM has been reprogrammed. so hopefully this will end my SES light forever! let just hope!!

ok so i had the MAF replaced after the dealership said that was the problem...i was in to get my power valve screws checked, so i said why not just replace it since its the problem...so that was great no SES light. But today the SES light came back on, so i got it scanned and it said O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 circuit high voltage(code P0138). im getting pissed that the light is always on, especially since the dealership said a new MAF sensor would fix the problem. does anybody know what the hell i should do?????