converting LP gad dryer to NG

unccpathfinder

Alright we move to a new house and when my gf got the dryer they come as NG...well the house we were in was propane so they changed out the orifice and vent...Last night I changed it back to the NG orifice and vent but I was reading and it was talking about adjusting the louvers for the A/F mixture but could not find any adjuster on my dryer.

Is there anything else that needs to be changed or adjusted? Everything I've read says to be done only by a licensed professional but our gas company will not change it back over and neither will the propane company (they will only change from NG to LP) I wasnt there when he changed it out or I would know exactly what he did...

Thanks

It should be just the orifice for your dryer. When you get into stoves and such, thats when you need to start messing with gas valve regulators and such.

The natural gas orifice has a slightly larger hole than the propane. If you want to go the cheap route, you can just drill out the hole in the propane orifice. The real way is to replace it with the natural gas orifice.

Edited by FUELER

nah I have the NG orifice and vent...I swapped them out and I guess this weekend when I have time to get a 1/2 NPT connection pipe I will connect it up and see if I have any leaks and then if it works...I believe it should but just dont want to burn down the new house...that would be bad