looking for a new bumper

laxman0324

I got in an accident a couple months ago, and my front bumper, as well as the bumper covers are definitely messed up, and the bumper punctured the coolant overflow tank.

So I actually have two questions...

1. Where is the best place to buy the parts online? All of my parts are just the plain black, no chrome.

2. Do you guys think I should replace anything else? I was going to get a bumper retainer as well since it looks like it sits right where the impact was.

Thanks,

Mike

Ran into the same problem last winter. I got parts from the junk yard, rockauto.com, and eBay.

i was hoping to get all the parts from one site...what all did you get? Mine was during stop and go traffic and i was pushed into the truck in front of me. The center middle piece and the bumper valance were both dented up, and they were pushed into the coolant overflow tank and busted that. I was gonna replace all of those three parts, both endcaps w/ flares, and the drivers side mounting bracket (looked bent from visual inspection). Think i should do anything else?

Holy bad pun Batman! :tongue:

lol i didn't even realize :shiftyeyes:

0124071554.jpg

021807152.jpg

Sigh, here is the parts list:

valance

center chrome bumper

bumper ends

corner light

headlight

washer bottle

bumper mounts

filler

bug guard and a big hammer for the hood dent

fender flare molding

signal lights

grill

emblem

However, withsome good research, I got all of the parts for around $500, opposed to the $2300 quoted by the body shop. Just take your time when doing the work and make sure everything lines up right, even if it needs a little persuasion. I never realized how much money i could save! Here is the final product:

n1476330097_30058964_6418.jpg

lol i didn't even realize :shiftyeyes:

0124071554.jpg

021807152.jpg

Sigh, here is the parts list:

valance

center chrome bumper

bumper ends

corner light

headlight

washer bottle

bumper mounts

filler

bug guard and a big hammer for the hood dent

fender flare molding

signal lights

grill

emblem

However, withsome good research, I got all of the parts for around $500, opposed to the $2300 quoted by the body shop. Just take your time when doing the work and make sure everything lines up right, even if it needs a little persuasion. I never realized how much money i could save! Here is the final product:

n1476330097_30058964_6418.jpg

damn man...u can barely tell mine from the pic, if i could figure out how to resize my pics i would post it...

btw: tell me about the tails, i thought i was the only person who wanted the new tails on their pathy...where you get em? plug and play? how much?

VERY easy to install. It is literally two screws and a connector. I bought mine off of eBay for cheap, just make sure that they have the harness with them. If you search well, buy from the same seller, and negotiate shipping, you can get both tails for around $100. The signal lights are SO much brighter, as are the reverse and brake lights.

VERY easy to install. It is literally two screws and a connector. I bought mine off of eBay for cheap, just make sure that they have the harness with them. If you search well, buy from the same seller, and negotiate shipping, you can get both tails for around $100. The signal lights are SO much brighter, as are the reverse and brake lights.

Could you pm me the seller you got them from? Ive seen a few advertise them for our year, but dont know if its bs or not. I wasnt sure if just buying the regular tails from a newer pathy would plug directly in. I wasnt really going for the better lighting (though that is a bonus), i was going for the better looks. I was gonna use either the ones you have or the QX4's from 97, which just has the amber part clear.

I love the look of the clear turn signal lenses, i did mine as well and think it looks great, im just wondering how my fully loaded SE came with the black grill and bumpers instead of the chrome :shrug: