Shock Time

95shakinPF

I've just purchased my 95XE pathy in July (god I love 'er) and the previous owner apparently had the shocks replaced. They are Yellow (I have no idea who makes an aftermarket yellow shock) with no markings at all. The idiot who changed them actually left the plastic hanging on them that keeps them compressed in the box. The rear are shot! The front are still pretty stiff. However, the rubbers on top studs are crushed and starting to break apart! So I decided to replace all 4 and summit seems to have a descent price on the Nitrogen filled Pro Comp ES9000 or the Skyjacker Nitro Shocks. My rig is stock height and I dont plan to do a SL. Maybe a BL later for taller tires. I really dont wheel her, but I do go where I can!!

1st-What do you guys recomend between the two? The Skyjackers come with boots and polyurethane bushings. Pro comp boots sold separately and no mention of bushing material. Price difference is only $3.

2nd- If I dont wheel, are these shocks overkill? Since I dont go offroad much should I just go with a lighter shock like the ES1000's.

Interested in your ideas/inputs and thanks to everyone for all the plentiful info over these last few months.

THANKS NPORA!!

ES1000's-$26.95ea plus shipping, boots included!

ES3000's-$34.95ea plus shipping & boots

ES9000's-$36.95ea plus shipping & boots (thats why I was interested in these for $2 more than the 3000's)

Skyjackers-$39.95ea plus shipping-boots included!

I'm really stuck on whether or not I need the 9000's!!

My rig is a daily driver, 60 miles round trip on the hwy 5 days a week. Only time I really go off road is to the creeks around here on weekends. However if someone says "dont drive your truck down that hill", Ill definitely go down the hill. I go where I can!!

FYI, the boots are worthless and I've never run them. :) All they do is trap mud, sand and salt inside to further corrode your piston rod. Shock boots are the frilly lace curtains of the suspension world. ;)

The 9000's are for hard-core heavy-duty use. Go read the webpage at 4wheelparts. You decide what you want and need.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/manufacturer-pa...EXP&catid=1

yellow only may be a midas shock

yellow and light blue is bilstein.

i have pro comp shocks on and the shocks themselves are ok but all the rubber insulators are crap. they are all gone off of mine and i probably don't have 20k mi on them. i also had issues with the supplied rubbers.. they didn't fit properly.. i hade to modify them.

if you think you may do the SL, do make sure to get the longer shocks.

as 88 said, the boots are worthless.. i never put them on.

on got the 9000's and the pimp daddy in cab adjuster(still in box; waiting for Calmini lift & steering(minus shocks))

get out and lock your hubs and adjust your shocks (I'll turn up the heat and do it in cab!-)

i have the procomp 9000's they ride great huge improvement over the stocker and don't ride harsh. the 3000's ive heard ride more harsh. From what ive read the 9000's and bilsteins have simlar specs. good luck. BTW i don't have boots and they're fine. After how many atv's are sold with boots and they are in the mud all the time?

Scott