Power door locks

ChromoTech

My door locks have been messing up lately

when i press the door lock button they lock but then just pop right back up again.

and also when my friends try to get out of the passenger side door it locks on them then it does not want to unlock so there sitting there fighting with it untill they finnaly get out.

any possible solutions anyone???? :shrug:

I dunno, mine has the same problem... I've found that it doesn't like to lock the doors if you have more than one open, although that might just be with mine. Anyway, yeah, mine have issues too, popping back up and whatnot. Don't know what to tell you, I would guess that it could be one of a LOT of things and I just don't let it bother me. ;)

Wonder if this could somehow be related to the issue of the locks auto locking in cold weather, only the opposite happening. That sucks majorly to have your truck swallow your keys and lock. Luckily, it only happened at home with a spare nearby. Are all your doors and rear hatch closed tight? Just a thought.

Yes they are.

they only lock when you press the lock button on the remote

if you try to lock them by pressing down on the top of the plastic lock piece it will just unlock right after you press on it.

You mean you push "lock" in the truck, and it locks the unlocks? You may want to check the driver's door switch deal. I've had other rides where the doors would do this and you had to slam the driver's door to correct it. Don't know if this carries over to the Pathy, but if you can source a switch for a few bucks from a boneyard, it may be a cheap fix if so.

Nah, he's talking about when you push the little lock that's on top of the door down, mine does the same thing, it pops right back up, but only SOMETIMES. :)

Oh, THAT thing. I haven't used one of those in years. :P Its all about an alarm with power door lock control.

I had a problem with mine when my old battery was dying. It was leaking out the negative terminal a bit, and I could tell I was losing power (lights dimming, starter cranking a little slower). When I got my new battery, all was well. Maybe check your connections at your battery? :shrug:

The only other thing, as was already suggested, is the master switch in the driver's door. I know mine was a little flaky for a while, and I lubed it with WD40, and all has been good since, and that was about 8 months ago :aok: