pathfinder roll bar

92pathy

i was lurkin around the junkyard the other day and noticed that the first gen 4runners had roll bars in the rear cargo area....got to thinkin if it might fit in our pathfinder? or if it needs modification?

anyone done this?

any input?

i was lurkin around the junkyard the other day and noticed that the first gen 4runners had roll bars in the rear cargo area....got to thinkin if it might fit in our pathfinder? or if it needs modification?

anyone done this?

any input?

They're not all that necessary for the Pathfinder. The only reason the 4Runners have them is because the entire removable back is made out of plastic or fiberglas and has no major impact resistance.

If you planning on wheeling your truck, do it up with the cage! There are tons of sites for info. out there. I don't know of anybody specific with Pathy cages, but chime in anybody if you're reading.

Agreed on the early 4-Runners, they were basically Toyota trucks with an open bed, seats, and a basic top grafted onto the rear. It was a needed feature rather than a mod. But by all means, go for it! Please post up!

Edited by Mr. Pickles

frontier21k had a cage I believe b4 he hacked the pathy into a short body with a truck bed...I saw one on here not too long ago with a cage b/c they rolled their fronty? on the highway (whoops I just made the ocnnection Richard was the 1 that rolled his fronty and did have an internal cage... I just gotta find pix...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9985&hl=

Heres the fronty:

totalled15qm.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

I was toying with the idea of chopping the top off and adding a cage before I painted it. I had seen truck toppers that had a window layout like the 2-doors with the little triange window and was thinking about using one of those once the top was chopped and a roll cage was in there. The thought is still in my mind, but it'll be a good long while if I decided to go through with it.

One thing about a cage in a street vehicle is it actually has the potential to cause more injury to your head if you're involved in a minor accident since you're not going to be driving around town in a five point harness while wearing a helmet and you now have steel tubing in a rather close proximity to your skull. If you do decide to put a cage in, pay close attention to your roof hoop and a-pillar distances and tuck them as close to the outer sheet metal as you can.

i completely agree with ya jj, but the cage from the first gen runners is only the hoop in the rear. i know it may not do a whole lot of goog but for extra spots for mounting things like mag lights/fire extinguisher i think it would be pretty cool, oh yeah junk yard on monday....