Engine Swap

ILoveMyPatty

Well I haven't been around much at all lately... Been busy with school but am now finished. Say hello to NPORA's newest, and most likely youngest paramedic!

Anyway... As most know, I swamped my '90 wayyy back in May I think it was. Yesterday I yanked the engine out and I'm going to be throwing the replacement engine in sometime soon. I'm going to take the intake manifold off, and valve covers off to paint them, as well as the block. I will be replacing the gaskets on both. What should I be replacing other than those two sets of gaskets, manifold gaskets (might get Thorleys), plugs and wires?...

Also, where can I get these parts over the internet? I can't find anything on AC. Summit? I don't know where.

Also, I can't find the Thorleys on Summit anymore. Does anyone have the link to them?

Thanks!

I just did almost all of the gaskets and seals on the engine and transmission, I went with Fel-Pro. I am very happy with them in everything that I've done in the past and am sure that this time will not be any different.

You should be able to get Fel-Pro at your local Advanced Auto Parts or something like it. I wouldn't even think about using another brand of gaskets and seals. As far as the seals go, don't forget to put a coat of oil on them before installing them.

If you have any questions about the rebuilt and transplant, I will do my best to help. I am almost done with mine with only a few things to finish up to get it back on the road.