Loose drivebelt

Bluestreak

Hey,

So I went to go start the Pathy this morning and everything was dead, proceeded to boost it and noticed everything was fine afterwards.

When I looked closely, the drivebelt to the alternator was kinda loose, so I figured that it was slipping the last time I drove it and didn't charge. Is there a way to adjust it? Or do I need a whole new belt?

Hey,

So I went to go start the Pathy this morning and everything was dead, proceeded to boost it and noticed everything was fine afterwards.

When I looked closely, the drivebelt to the alternator was kinda loose, so I figured that it was slipping the last time I drove it and didn't charge. Is there a way to adjust it? Or do I need a whole new belt?

Isn't there a pulley tensioner on those that you can tighten?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried adjusting it, but the damn bolts won't budge. Either way, the belt is like really loose, so my guess is that it slips from time to time. My voltmeter on my radar detector shows it bouncing around from 11.9 at times to 14.4.

This morning, tried to start it in cold weather (-15'c) and everything went dead... aRGH!

I tried adjusting it, but the damn bolts won't budge. Either way, the belt is like really loose, so my guess is that it slips from time to time. My voltmeter on my radar detector shows it bouncing around from 11.9 at times to 14.4.

This morning, tried to start it in cold weather (-15'c) and everything went dead... aRGH!

There are two bolts on the top of the alternator...front and back that you have to loosen off, then the lower one. At that point, you can tighten the bolt on the adjuster to pull the alternator closer to the driver's side wheel, thus, tightening the belt. Even if the adjuster snaps, it's not the end of the world....stick a pry bar in there to tension the alternator up, then tighten the bolts back up....it'll hold....that's how I had to do it in my old Pathy.