Cruise control

v6engine

G'day

1st post on this forum.

Do you guys get cruise control in your WD21's?

Could you post a photo of the switch's etc.

I'd like to see this.

Maybe even buy one from a wreck and mail it all over if it's compatible.

Thanks

Darren

G'day

1st post on this forum.

I'd like to see this.

Thanks

Darren

I tried to post you pictures of the switch and related systems but I keep getting

an attachment error. Perhaps someone else can post you some pictures

Another overlooked thing as to why your cruise control doesn't work is because of the little plastic tab that depresses the relay switch when you left off on the brakes--turning your cruise off. The green light will be on when you turn on the cruise switch, but the cruise set light won't be when you set it. The tab is located next to the brake tab under the dash on your brake pedal assembly. You'll see the two relay switches once you look under there.

If you ever wonder why you're brake light is constantly on, it's also probably because the tab broke off and has nothing to depress the brake switch to break the circuit.

G'day

1st post on this forum.

I'd like to see this.

Thanks

Darren

Saw someone selling the cruise control switch for a 94 or 95 on Ebay. Mounts below your mirror adjuster switch, guy was asking 5 bucks + shipping. The auction ends in less than 24 hours though, he may have other parts needed for cruise control. I think he is parting it out? ran across it looking for window visors for my 94 Pathfinder.

If you ever wonder why you're brake light is constantly on, it's also probably because the tab broke off and has nothing to depress the brake switch to break the circuit.

heh yea I had that happen...ran inside opened a beer poked a hole in the top and ran a small screw through it pulled up on the pedal to crush the cap to the right height and its been working for something like 6+ years now...

if you have a manual the same thing can happen for the clutch interlock switch...I have mine bypassed but when I just swapped the clutch MC out I saw that that lil rubber cap had popped out sometime...

Another overlooked thing as to why your cruise control doesn't work is because of the little plastic tab that depresses the relay switch when you left off on the brakes--turning your cruise off. The green light will be on when you turn on the cruise switch, but the cruise set light won't be when you set it. The tab is located next to the brake tab under the dash on your brake pedal assembly. You'll see the two relay switches once you look under there.

I'll look into that Cuong. I've already made the module swap and got nothing.

I tried to post you pictures of the switch and related systems but I keep getting

an attachment error. Perhaps someone else can post you some pictures

Thanks anyway.

I'd still like to see it.

Maybe someone else??

Darren

Saw someone selling the cruise control switch for a 94 or 95 on Ebay. Mounts below your mirror adjuster switch, guy was asking 5 bucks + shipping. The auction ends in less than 24 hours though, he may have other parts needed for cruise control. I think he is parting it out? ran across it looking for window visors for my 94 Pathfinder.

thanks Yota187.

Couldn't find it on ebay - not the smartest computer operator though!

any ideas on sites that might show this 'unheard of in Australia' item?

My mirror adjuster switch sits on a moulded plate hanging under the dash at the level of my left knee (maybe right knee for you guys). Doesn't it get in the way there?

Darren

SORRY FOR STARTING TO HIJACK - SEE NEW POST

Edited by Darren

I'm not having any luck getting the cruise to work. I checked the switch with a tester and it's fine. I swap the orange module

under the hood and check the vacuum still nothing. Any suggestions?

post-2152-1195759360_thumb.jpg

Im thinking Im not gonna be much help other than saying if the light comes on in the cluster, the CC thinks it is setting(electronically that is). You have got to have a problem with the cables and/or vacuum! So if you press the cruise set switch and the light in the instrument cluster comes on, then the CC switch,box and all other electrical are working correctly. The cruise servo (I think its called) (the round metal thing with the diagphram inside) may be leaking.I hope Ive helped somewhat. Good luck!

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

You were right after all. The tab for my brake switch broke off while driving. I got pulled by a cop over and realized the brake lights were always on. The cop let me go (thankfully).

When I got home, I found there were two holes next to the switches. I got those hole plugged and that fixed both problems.

• 3 months later...

This is the same thing wrong with my CC. Works like a charm again. What would I do without NPORA.

• 3 weeks later...

this is kind of an old thread but if anyone has an idea...both my CC lights will come on(on switch and turn signal button)but still no CC and i have no problems with my brake lights or switch, im not much for wiring so i really dont know whats goin on with it but if you got any ideas let me know