Keith Olbermann

Vsicks Pathy

have you seen ron paul? apparently he's going to be a good R candidate

I like watching olbermann. I think he fits better as a journalist than a politician

On the subject of waterboarding/torture and indefinite detainment of prisoners without fair trials, rewind to the end of WWII after the remaining Nazis had surrendered. I recall the USA being the country that spoke up to grant these P.O.W.'s the right to a fair trial (nuremberg trials) in front of an international tribunal. Most of the other allies would have simply handed death sentences to all of the war criminals, but it was the USA which upheld human rights. It's just an example of how backwards the current administration is.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

I like watching olbermann. I think he fits better as a journalist than a politician

On the subject of waterboarding/torture and indefinite detainment of prisoners without fair trials, rewind to the end of WWII after the remaining Nazis had surrendered. I recall the USA being the country that spoke up to grant these P.O.W.'s the right to a fair trial (nuremberg trials) in front of an international tribunal. Most of the other allies would have simply handed death sentences to all of the war criminals, but it was the USA which upheld human rights. It's just an example of how backwards the current administration is.

The rogue element (nearly said dictatorship then, but it is not quite there yet... and I do mean YET!) that is in control of your country only gets away with what it does because most of your fellow countrymen think it is OK.

Keith Olbermann is correct to be outraged, but he seems to be a lonely voice of reason. GG cries fowl and has a hissy fit continuously when he thinks I put down your rogue Government. I wonder what he thinks about Keith Olbermann suggesting that your rogue government is criminal?

I would hope that more Americans aspire to be as outraged and as AMERICAN as Olbermann is.

He seems, on the surface to be in touch........ "A few years went by after 1990 when the right was inching toward a Paulian consistency. Then 9-11 happened, and the great excuse for Leviathan again entered the picture. Never mind that, as Congressman Paul pointed out, the crime of 9-11 was motivated by retribution against ten years of killer US sanctions against Iraq, US troops on Muslim holy lands, and US subsidies for Palestinian occupation. No, the American right bought into the same farce that led them to support the Cold War: Islamic fanaticism is a unique evil unlike anything we've ever seen, so we have to put up with Leviathan (again!) for the duration.

Well, Ron Paul didn't buy into it. He is unique in this respect, and this is especially notable since he has been under pressure from his own party and at a time when his party has ruled the executive, judicial, and legislative branches. He stuck by his principles, and not merely as a pious gesture. His critique of the post 9-11 warfare state has been spot on in speech after speech. He foresaw the failure of the US invasion of Afghanistan. He never believed the nonsense about how US bombs would transform Iraq into a modern democracy. He never went along with the propaganda lies about weapons of mass destruction. Nowadays, we often hear politicians say that they have changed their minds on the Iraq War and that if they had known then what they know now, they never would have gone along. Well, hindsight is child's play in politics. What takes guts and insight is the ability to spot a hoax even as it is being perpetrated. In any case, they have no excuse for not knowing: Ron Paul told them!"

I didn't have the time this morning to actually find out what his policies are in terms of implementation but I will look into it further tonight.

And for those of you who don't know what sick sh*t waterboarding really is,,, watch this. WaterBoarding

Take it from someone who has almost drown on a couple of different occasions... Drowning has got to be one of the WORST ways to die.

Waterboarding is not sick sh!t. What lies are you listening too? Worse still, who are you listening too? It certainly isn't the terror group known as the neocons on Capital Hill. So fess up now, before you get a night visit and a free flight.

Come on GG, TC is trashing your country and being negative. Put him straight buddy.

Another scare monger 'like me tells it how it actually is' said this.....

“The American Republic is in remnant status. The stage is set for our country to devolve into a military dictatorship, and few seem to care.”

That scare monger? Rep. Ron Paul

The whole article.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

that is in control of your country only gets away with what it does because most of your fellow countrymen think it is OK.

we had local elections here yesterday and almost all incumbants were sent packing... shocking it was but very cool too.. the results sent shocks through state gov and all the other officers who will face the voters next year.

will things change? i sure hope so but i am not going to hold my breath too long... i bet they will to some extent especially if similar message is resent next november. hehe

so, there is some hope yet. :)

we had local elections here yesterday and almost all incumbants were sent packing... shocking it was but very cool too.. the results sent shocks through state gov and all the other officers who will face the voters next year.

will things change? i sure hope so but i am not going to hold my breath too long... i bet they will to some extent especially if similar message is resent next november. hehe

so, there is some hope yet. :)

As I said before, Pandora's box has been opened with the rewriting of your constitution along the new laws, and everyone that looks in it likes what they see. I still think that Bush, to save himself from prison (he IS a war criminal), will do something desperate. He has set up all the parameters by changing laws, making new laws and raping the constitution for such a move, and it will be legal.

So I think you are right not to hold your breath mz.

Which other aspiring leaders have said that they will put your constitution back together again, besides Ron Paul? That information will at least give you a guideline as to who to vote for I would suspect.

as you know it's not all to the prez.. ron paul is not a repub although he is running under their umbrella.. he is a libretarian, pure and simple.. to tell you the truth i'd take clinton or obama.. the later will not win however.. i'll be surprised if hillary doesn't though.