Rear Hatch glass sensor problem

BobLoblaw

After a couple weeks of joyous driving with no door sensor problems, opened my glass on the rear hatch to put some stuff in the truck. I shut it kinda hard (hands were full!) and BOOM! Door sensor problems once again!

I've read the topics about fixing the full rear hatch gate sensor by adding washers to the latch on the body (what size of washers did you guys use BTW?) but this is the glass sensor? Is this fixable? What should I do?

I've never heard of an issue with the glass, and I don't think it turns on the lights anyways, or at least I can't remember it doing so. As for the washers, whatever fits around the bolts should work.

I didn't actually open the whole hatch tho, just the glass when it started happening again. Have you done the washer fix before? Do I just need one washer per bolt?

I didn't actually open the whole hatch tho, just the glass when it started happening again. Have you done the washer fix before? Do I just need one washer per bolt?

I did 2 per bolt, just basic flat washers. Not sure about a senson for the glass, but you could probaby irritate the whole hatcht sensor by slamming the glass closed.

There definitely is NOT a sensor for the glass. You've probably messed up the trigger in the hatch. Try the washers. Same as Mr. Pickles, I used a couple of standard, flat washers underneath the plate, and have had no issues since.

I did the washer fix and it worked BUT....Now the rear interior light doesn't turn on at all when the hatch is open. It turns on if you switch it on but not when the hatch is open. Is this supposed to happen when you do the washer fix?

I did the washer fix and it worked BUT....Now the rear interior light doesn't turn on at all when the hatch is open. It turns on if you switch it on but not when the hatch is open. Is this supposed to happen when you do the washer fix?

Same thing happened to mine. Decided it wasn't a big deal to reach up and flip the light on if I need it. I'm guessing the added height of the hatch hoop might have somehow damaged the switch (or pushed it up so high that it jammed).

Edited by feloniousmonk