Power Window Struggling

00Path

I have a 2000 LE; I bought it used in January, and the power windows have always been pretty sluggish. But, last night they got pretty bad. I had to pull it up so that it would close, and the back driver side did the same thing. Last night was pretty chilly here, about 35-40, and that's the first time I've been in that temperature with this vehicle (bought in Texas, moved to Omaha). Anybody have similar problems, solution? Thanks.

I have a 2000 LE; I bought it used in January, and the power windows have always been pretty sluggish. But, last night they got pretty bad. I had to pull it up so that it would close, and the back driver side did the same thing. Last night was pretty chilly here, about 35-40, and that's the first time I've been in that temperature with this vehicle (bought in Texas, moved to Omaha). Anybody have similar problems, solution? Thanks.

Yes, a common problem. There is a big write up on it but darn if I can fine it this morning. And cold weather makes it worse.

Essentially what you need to do is spray the tracks with a silicone lubricant. No need to remove the windows, just stick the little tube down each side and spray away.

Yes, a common problem. There is a big write up on it but darn if I can fine it this morning. And cold weather makes it worse.

Essentially what you need to do is spray the tracks with a silicone lubricant. No need to remove the windows, just stick the little tube down each side and spray away.

Yeah, I tried the search function before posting, but didn't find what I was looking for. So, basically, its not a motor issue? Its just that the tracks get gummed up?

Yup, thats it, they gum up. The thread has a huge write up, with photos and recommended sprays but I just use a silicone spray from the auto parts store. Mine need to be re-done come to think about it now that below freezing temps are here.

Mine has the same problem. I figured it wasn't the motor, since all the windows do it, and last year at -40 the window would come up about 6 inches, slow down and go back down. Even if I pulled on it, it would trigger the anti-pinch and go back in. I was pissed... Try driving 100km/h for 10Km at -40.... I pulled it inside and let it warm up... Silicone spray eh? I'm on my way to buy some! What about dry graphite?

Mine has the same problem. I figured it wasn't the motor, since all the windows do it, and last year at -40 the window would come up about 6 inches, slow down and go back down. Even if I pulled on it, it would trigger the anti-pinch and go back in. I was pissed... Try driving 100km/h for 10Km at -40.... I pulled it inside and let it warm up... Silicone spray eh? I'm on my way to buy some! What about dry graphite?

Check out this thread: Windows Seizing Thread, all you wanted to know and then some.

I have a whole other link to this problem...though I have not tried it yet.....reason being: My Viper Alarm has window modules that put the trucks windows up and down with the remote, and adds one touch to all 4 windows---well in short it over rides the commands of the regulator and powers them on its own, so it can't read that pinch function--it has its own sensativity for that.

Here is the link:Read the descriptions on the left side!