School me: Brake Pads

Xmas

which 4? front or back? for all 8 i think you can get all 8 and machine the rotors for less than 150. i would just go with some regular old semi metallics. no need for gold plated bull stuff.

which 4? front or back? for all 8 i think you can get all 8 and machine the rotors for less than 150. i would just go with some regular old semi metallics. no need for gold plated bull stuff.

I put ceramics on my other suv. I hate them . They make all kinds of weird noises. They are suppose to produce less dust but man are they Noisy! I even put that no squeak stuff on the back of the pads.,

Mark

I put ceramics on my other suv. I hate them . They make all kinds of weird noises. They are suppose to produce less dust but man are they Noisy! I even put that no squeak stuff on the back of the pads.,

Mark

Has anbody tried EBC brake pads ? supposed to work well. not sure about the price .

Has anbody tried EBC brake pads ? supposed to work well. not sure about the price .

All my road and track vehicles use Ceramics. I love them. I hit the anchors and I stop...because they stay cooler then a conventional pad there is less brake fade. The offset is the noise but I don't mind paying for that.

Cheap pads are a good way to go....Here is the reason behind that.

Cheap pads are a softer compound typically. So they don't lasst as long but since they are a softer compound they grip REALY well....you just replalce them sooner but I mean @!*%...whats $150 every 3 years? Besides...in three years you won't need to replace the rear pads anyway.

I got my pads @ Advance Auto.

The front are disc and the rear is drums.

The brand I got was wear ever, it's there house brand, but what I did confirm is that the Bendix that I was going to buy was from the same manufacture as those Wear Ever were from, plus total price was $40.00 less.

:)

I did use the OEM shims and what I did was clean the shims really well and used a damp rag w/ some PB spray on the shims. Becareful not to overspray w/ the PB onto either the brake pads or disc.

Now on the back, holly $hit, they were a pain in the A$$ to get the new ones on. I never messed w/ drums. But I did manage to get one side on and after that experience, I decided to have a brake shop get the other side done here shortly. :)

I was told there is special tools to do drum brake jobs, but man, plyers, screw drivers was a pain in the rear. lol

But right now the truck stops on a dime! No noise or squeeks, but I guess time will tell. I post later if I do have any issues, but I think I will not. :)

Thanks all!!

Edited by Xmas