STEERING HELP!

91pathmkr

i have a 91 pathy with the trailmaster 4" and just bought the calmini steering and modified my stabilizer to work, had it alligned and it still pulls all over the road like its possessed or something. please help me straighten this thing out. oh i have new bushings and ball joints too. thanks

Did you install new compression rods and/or bushings as well?

yeah i replaced all the bushings in the front end when i installed the lift about 5 months ago, i need new torsion bars also because the weight of the new bumper and winch, a buddy suggested a frame stretcher to check if there is anything wrong in that area

Me too..... but not as bad.... I just had mine aligned and before it pulled to the left and now it pulls to the right... I thought I read somewhere on here(correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way to get a proper alignment was to take it to the dealer, something to do with their machine... if so guess I should have done that....

If you are talking about a wandering feeling while driving at freeway speeds. Mine did the same thing it eventually stopped doing it after a couple of things. I really noticed it get a lot better after my upper ball joint bolts backed out on a wheeling trip. After tightening them up and replacing the bolts Most of it went away. However it did not all go away until I Had it realigned. I Think I may have not tightened them up good when I replaced them. So it was initially aligned with them loose. Also Make sure your centerlink locking nuts are tight. Also verify the measurement of the centerlink make sure it is exactly as in calmini's instructions. (approximately 30 7/16 inches) . Make sure you ball joint bolts are tight (HE HE LOL) Also did you get the correct backspaced rims for the trailmaster if you get them with to much backspacing your wheels will stickout more and cause some tracking/tramline problems (also could be rims or the tires causing that problem) on the road if you hit an uneven or slanted road that is only slanted on the edge of the road. This happens with a lot of 4X4's when people put really wide tires on.

Mark

i have a 91 pathy with the trailmaster 4" and just bought the calmini steering and modified my stabilizer to work, had it alligned and it still pulls all over the road like its possessed or something. please help me straighten this thing out. oh i have new bushings and ball joints too. thanks
Edited by msavides