Prairie Creek

arctic_mark

Well, finally did get my hub fixed at the last minute so that meant I could wheel last weekend! Cinderella will go to the ball! Turned out I’d have mised an awesome run if I hadn’t gone.

So, we had a great run on Saturday in the Prairie Creek area SW of Rocky Mountain house. NA4WDA had 23 rigs out and one of the largest runs of the year. Split into two groups with the less than 32†tire rigs, including myself, doing the Woody Woodpecker trail and the 33s and larger doing a really gnarly trail called Big Bear and Spyder Hill.

Sunday some of us did the old favourite Eagle’s Ridge with only minor winching in the central mud hole and tank trap.

Weather was tops, some pretty neat mud holes, tight trees and river crossings on Woodpecker. Carnage wasn’t too bad though my wheel got jammed up when a rock got stuck between the rim and the rotor guard. Also had a jeep that popped a bead and another smashed a side marker and bent a control arm. All par for the course!

The big truck run on Big Bear was pretty brutal though, some insanely steep hills, lots of winching and lockers front and back a must. Had a passenger side window on a jeep smashed by a branch and take a chunk out of the passenger’s head rest. Brown pants time for the passenger.

Anyways, a few pics from Woody Woodpecker here. Our next trip will be out to the Brule area west of Hinton towards the end of November.

Mark

VP Offroad NA4WDA

PA206131.jpg

PA206171.jpg

PA206181.jpg

PA206194.jpg

Edited by arctic_mark

Nice pics.

Next time you're working on the truck, especially on the trail, with only a bottle jack, throw the tire you've taken off underneath the truck. A little added safety never hurts. :aok:

Nice pics.

Next time you're working on the truck, especially on the trail, with only a bottle jack, throw the tire you've taken off underneath the truck. A little added safety never hurts. :aok:

Yeah, too true. Zoned out a bit there in the rush to get 'er done. We all know it, guess it's remembering it in the heat of the moment.

Looks like a great run, I'll try and make it for the November run to Brule - I love that area.... depends on work scheduling I guess.

Would be great to have you along! Just send me an e-mail (furzem@macewan.ca) or PM me and I'll give you the details. Or you can always come along to the NA4WDA wings night at Montana's down by Ikea at 7pm each Wednesday night. Well, almost every Wednesday, the 1st wednesday of each month we have our monthly meeting at Bo Didley's at 118Ave and 142St at 7:30pm