steering shaft doesn't budge (to lengthen for 3" BL)

MikeV

I have tried almost everything to get it to lengthen & no luck; (it is off the truck and has been soaked)

locked on with a vice grips to give it some love with a BFH, pb blasted it for over a week straight and just tried heating it with mapp gas & it hasn't moved.

I did however mak a new horshoe shaped vicegrips from all the pounding.

It is still totally straight but holy (censored) this thing is the only major issue I have had with the AC lift (as in bloody knuckes and metal slivers.

:suicide:

Thanks again guys (& gals)

Mike

Mine and Rami's were the same way. Mine I got apart by just beating it out with Vice-Grips, but for Rami's I ended up welding a tab to the damn thing, putting it in a big bench vise and beating the everlovin' piss out of it with a 2-lb hammer to get it broken loose. Ugh.

I have tried almost everything to get it to lengthen & no luck; (it is off the truck and has been soaked)

locked on with a vice grips to give it some love with a BFH, pb blasted it for over a week straight and just tried heating it with mapp gas & it hasn't moved.

I did however mak a new horshoe shaped vicegrips from all the pounding.

It is still totally straight but holy (censored) this thing is the only major issue I have had with the AC lift (as in bloody knuckes and metal slivers.

:suicide:

Thanks again guys (& gals)

Mike

Get a shaft from a 4x4 Navara/Hardbody, as they come standard with a 2" body lift. Because of that, the shafts are longer than the Pathy one and makes for a neat, stock looking mod. Besides all of that, you will not have to put up with the BS of struggling to lengthen the one you have. Chances are you will bend it anyway.

Going to get a hardbody shaft; to see it I can have any better luck.

Been whacking the crap out of all my vicegrips(time for new ones)

What years of HB will work; they don't let people in to pull parts at our local boneyard.

I miss my truck!-(