Frame Paint/Undercoat

Riddles

I see the major weekness of the PF is RUST, as of now there is no rust on mine but I can see undercoat falling off and leaving the metal bare, I used to use a paint called POR- 15, on all my biulds. @$200 a gal its not cheap but then you'll never have to worry. What is everyone painting theres with. Just thought there might be a better epoxy paint on the market now?

POR-15 is always a good choice.

The main thing is to keep the insides of the rails clean. Once you've POR'd the frame, just get it undercoated every year or so, and make sure they spray inside the frame rails.

Yah I made a really long wand years ago with 1/8 th holes drilled criss cross that hooks up to my Shoots gun, the end is blocked off so it sprays everywere and can be slid into any opening on the frame, I just woundered if there is a better product out there then POR15 like a 2 part epoxy. Its been almost 3 years since I have had to buy paint. I scored 40 gal a good wile back from a custom shop that went under but have run out.

Cheers

Naw....POR-15 is probably the best stuff.

Having used it before, I'm sure you know that if you do the prep work right, it's pretty indestructible.

That wand sounds like an awesome idea... :aok:

Cheers! Thanks Simon

I don't know if this helps at all, I'm real new to actually owning these things with 4 wheels (less than a year to be exact)...

However, when I was getting ready to relocate to the US Virgin Islands and getting my Texas truck shipped here... My mom told me to Ziebart the underbody... now weather or not Ziebart uses that same stuff or not, I have no earthly idea... But I did drive over 200 miles to get it done before I left, becase mama said...

As for the "the wand" I would be very intrested to see pic's of it... or maybe even see a little DIY post here... they don't do that here... from what I understand, I'd have to figure out how to get it to Puerto Rico (and its a maybe)...

Well I doubt that my info helps in the least bit... but that's my 2 cents and a wooden nickle...

I have been restoring old school hot rods and biulding old jeeps for about 15 years and after the first few builds I always could see rust in the frame but the outside looked grate lol after snaping a custom jeep frame!! I had to figure out away to protect the inside as well as the out side, so I took whats called a Shoots gun (they can be had for about $15 ) they are for spraying undercoat and bed liner etc.. the thick @!*%e. well take 12' of copper line that fits over the shoots gun nozzle and hose clamp or silver solder it on wichever works for you, copper is easy to bend without kinking easy anyways crimp the end (opposite the gun) and drill about 10 holes 1/8th bit, criss cross what you have now is a rod that can be fed down the frame from any hole in all directions, it will spray everywere and in every direction making a huge mess wich is what you want inside your frame. I got a Gal of POR15 and a Gal of PRO FORM wax based rust kill/cover protector (good stuff) it is easy to shoot and soaks in well, it is also black when dry and, hard as nails so even when it comes outta every nook and cranny in the frame and drips on the POR15 it wont show cuz there both black. I will take some Video and post a link to you tube so you can see. I am also painting my bumpers, bush gard and tire rack with Gloss Black so I will top coat the hole underside with Omni as well. I am not just doing the frame I am doing the hole underside and rear diff. Might as well I got 12 gal of auto paint lol

I just dont wanna replace a fram on this thing.