Stock hight?

Riddles

I have been out a few times now and am pretty dam impressed with the PF, I was going to lift it but am on the fence about doing much lifting! As of now it is stock hight with new springs and new crapy shocks with 31x10.5's I tryed to get it stuck in 2 wheel drive lol but it just kept going (need to find deeper mud) it handles logs and some fairly ruff stuff without any problem.So how many of you are running some nasty @!*% with a stock hight rig? I am thinking a set of Rancho 9000's and a 2-3 inch body lift is about all I am going to need. This PF is are primary road vehical so i don't atempt to see just how twisted etc... it'll get but i can do any trail for the most part around here.

They're quite capable in stock form. If you're not going to run bigger tires, don't bother with any lifts. 3" will allow you to run a 1" bigger tire. So, with a BL, you can run 32's. With a 3" suspension lift, and a 3" body lift, you can run 33" tires. You're not going to realistically run anything bigger without swapping out the IFS for a solid axle.

Definitely. You can run them...but they'll rub without trimming.

A lot of it depends on the width of the tire, and the backspacing of the rim.

3"SL here and 33x9.5R15 on 15x8 with 4" BS they rub when flexed....

Not so much any more as I have Rubbed the wheel wells a bit over the last year....

I ran my 88 stock for many years and only got High centered once on a stump, and stuck in one sink hole that I drove out of the following morning....

When I was deciding on a lift ( I didn't want extreme), I looked at a bunch of Pathys online and decided that I didn't like seeing all the frame hanging down below on the vehicles that had the 3" BL ...it just looked ugly (imo). It also didn't make sense to me to raise the body, unless I was going to stuff the largest tire under it (which I wasn't) possible to get the most possible ground clearance. I ended up spending the money and getting the UCAs, and did the JGC spring swap, and I'm happy with it. The vehicle handles very well, and has a nice ride that's not too "bouncy".

Just my $.02