security/remote key entry

SkotZ

Just got back from a 1 month vacation

while i was gone the neighbour told me the morning i had left, the alarm in my '95 went nuts,

he came over and unplugged the horns...and that was that..

Well sure enough when i got back my battery was dead.. so i took it into the garage and charged it,

then had to charge it again yesterday..

Now somewhere between now and then something went wrong with the alarm,

I put my battery back in this morning fully charged but..

My keyless entry doesnt work and the security light is "fast flashing" nonstop

I've tried dosconnecting the battery and re-connecting it, i've unplugged the Security switch,

I've turned security off and on, I've started the truck etc, i've even replaced the battery in the keyless entry remote...

Remote still isnt working, and the security light is still flashing.(even with the switch "off")

The alarm isnt sounding and the lights arent flashing..

Does anyone have any clue on what i need to do..

I dont live in the safest neighbourhood so I'd rather not disable the alarm for good.

I have the same problem. But the battery died in a different manner. I really would love to find out how to fix this problem, as I was about to go and buy a new alarm system to replace this one.

Any electronic geniuses out there :crossedwires: ?

I have the same problem. But the battery died in a different manner. I really would love to find out how to fix this problem, as I was about to go and buy a new alarm system to replace this one.

Any electronic geniuses out there :crossedwires: ?

my battery died twice, first time was because of the alarm, and the last time.. i have no clue why..

before it died the last time the alarm and the keyless remote all worked perfectly..

I did however install new switches in my drivers door... was thinking it wasnt connected fully, but all the switches work etc, I'll make a note to re-check... my luck its something that simple.. but i doubt it.

and I never thought to check the 'button' or whatever for the hood, but i changed all that recently too, as well as a new hood and fender, the hatch and wheel carrier are all tight, doors etc... I was thinking maybe dampness in the doors.. its rain alot lately.. but there's a drain in the bottom of every door, and I just replaced all the weather stripping in the windows...the last thing i want to do is take into the dealership

I'm absolutely boggled!! I need my alarm.. all my tools for work are stored in it, and my garage has no room with that stupid '72 Charger.. :suicide:

Edited by SkotZ