Sunroof Removal

BLouisGod

On the passenger side visor, theres instructions for removing and installing the sunroof but they must have been translated directly from Japanese because they make no sense. :shiftyeyes:

I noticed on the handle, theres two buttons that you can push to release the hinge, but how does the front come off? do i need to unscrew the phillips screws? I just noticed this at a stop light today and havent had the balls or time to mess with it. I could be a true redneck and no wheeling in the mud without a sunroof.... how cool :crossedwires:

push the buttons to release the hinge part... flip the whole thing up to about 60 degrees or so and then slide sideways (there are sideways pins)

Edited by k9sar

Yep, its good stuff. You might want to try driving with it off while close to home, or bring the glass with you, though. The wind buffeting (sp?) gets pretty wicked at highway speeds, especially if you have a roof rack of stuff or with a deflector. I'm 6', so its not like I'm really sticking up high, but it gets tiring after a couple miles on the highway. Its great around town on a hot day though. :)