Electric fan

Jarsiff

I think it would be better if it had some sort of cowling included but nevertheless it might be a good deal. I have an electric fan out of a taurus that I have not installed yet. I would do a search on here with the topic of electric fans and compare what the cfm on taurus fans are etc.

or see if you guys had an opinion.

The Taurus fan is rumored to pull from 3300 to 4500 cfm on high speed, has a cowl, cost around $40 and has proven to be a reliable upgrade for many offroad vehicles and 500+ hp street rods.

That Ebay fan is from Wysco, another online reseller of cheap auto parts, not Wiseco, a manufacturer of high-performance pistons, and looks like a knock-off of the Ford design anyway.

My first Taurus fan lost a bearing, which is the risk you take buying used junkyard stuff, but still kept my truck cool until I replaced it with my current one. I only have low speed hooked up and it works great even during the Florida summers while wheeling with the AC on. The only time my temp needle ever got over halfway on the guage is when my H2O pump went out.

You wanted an opinion... ;)

I actually couldn't remember what the taurus fans were rated at and was in a rush when i posted, but i didnt know if anyone might be interested in this as an alternative to a junkyard unit.

jj - thats cool about not even having the high speed hooked up, i've been wanting to add one of those for my 02 for a while just havent been able to get to it.