Inside dissasembly

AlMac

Hey guys,

Finally getting around to mounting my ham radio and am routing wires underneath panels for the ham's 'head' unit.

Is there a trick/special procedure for removing the left side 'A' Pillar, and the cap that covers the rear view mirror mounting?

I tried to remove the mirror mounting cap today, but the bugger was pretty stubborn! :unsure:

I'm afraid to force it cause i dont want to break anything.

thanks for your input guys.

coolio.. thanks Terrano..

what kinda tool do u use to take panels off, just a flat screwdriver or something special?

I think im going to mount my main unit under my drivers' seat cause there isnt really a lot of room under the dash for it.

I think removing the seat will prolly be the easy part. Everything else, like the A Pillar looks like its gonna be a pain in the arse to remove...

When i finally get things going, i think i'll make a 'work log' with pics in the garage section for this project.

Here's the rear view cover off. See the 2 tabs (and the munched up side :D ) Does require a lot of force to remove it.

62386cc010b3987bdf87ded5cdaeb5250_large.jpg

This has 3 clips, I think I fed a screwdriver down the guts to pop them. Inside the red circle is a hook that needs to be pulled up.

08aafeb4011da03236cf632f36aa513e0_large.jpg

Good luck :beer:

thanks for the quick reply.

looks like a screwdriver will handle it all, although im concerned a bit on how the a pillar fits between the dash and the body.

guess ill just take it slow and see what happens!

thanks again! :beer: