Power window repair on 92 Pathy

Guest toolfool

Guest toolfool

The driver's side passenger window seems to have come off its track. I checked the forum for any info on this or related topics and found none. Dealer says this is a common problem. Any ideas on how to get into the door panel and repair the window without further damage? Are any special tools or parts required for this operation? If it is a common problem, is there a preventative solution?

Lots of questions! I'll look forward to any responses.

Thanks!!

You can get in there by just removing the screws from the handle portion of the door, then gently prying under the panel on the bottom and sides to undo the little clips. Careful, they brake. Then slide the panel up and off the door (this part may require a bit of "motivation" to get the panel to move up). You may find more door panel info. if you search speaker installation, by the way.

Guest toolfool

"You can get in there by just removing the screws from the handle portion of the door"

Ok..., confirming my ineptitude with all things mechanical, I can't find any screws in the door handle. I picked up a Haynes manual - doesn't help much (read: not at all or I'm an idiot). I hate to give in to a dealer service shakedown but... :hide:

Guest toolfool

Checked it out again and there are no screws or pop off covers. The best I can figure is to either gently pry the armrest away from the door panel and hope there are fasteners behind it or just pry off the entire panel? But I don't want to do either until I know the proper procedure, a bad guess would likely cause a bigger hassle than the window problem. Thanks for the advice though! Its good to have someone to bounce ideas off of when you don't really know what the heck you're doin'(lol). P...

Did you look REALLY close? There should be one screw inside the "handle" of the armrest, covered by a little plastic cap that's pretty hard to see. Once you get that screw out, the armrest pushes forward and lifts off, if I remember correctly...

Guest toolfool

"Did you look REALLY close? There should be one screw inside the "handle" of the armrest, covered by a little plastic cap that's pretty hard to see."

Yup, checked yet again and I see the pop off you guys are referring to on the front armrest but I'm trying to get into the rear driver's side passenger door panel and I just don't see anything that gives me a clue as to how to get the darn thing off!!! :unsure:

The driver's side passenger window...

Ah, driver's side passenger didn't click with me as driver's side rear. On mine, I believe you need to pop off the smaller plastic panel around the handle/hole portion, then unscrew underneath that panel and continue on gently popping the plastic pins/clips all the way around.