Help removing tranny

Roost

Won't that tear up the TQ seal?

I dont believe so as long as you line it up for the most part and dont ding it up too bad...i havent reinstalled one but I think thats the easiest way to do it...I"ll try to remember to check the FSM when I get home for the reinstallation instructions

H If you were to drop a bolt in a tight spot, you can magnatize a tool by rubbing it on a magnet.

The nice thing about where I am working at, is that this guy has just about every tool I could need. But he doesn't like magnetized tools, so I will have to remember to get a magnet from my work truck and take it with me for the reinstall.

I got the new engine taken down to almost the short block tonight. I plan on doing the timing belt, h2o pump and the seals tomorrow at a minimum. But I now have to go buy a intake manifold gasket as the new intake doesn't match mine by one lousy bolt and the valve cover don't match by a couple of little wiring brackets. Oh well, more trips to the auto shop.

Semper Fi

The nice thing about where I am working at, is that this guy has just about every tool I could need. But he doesn't like magnetized tools, so I will have to remember to get a magnet from my work truck and take it with me for the reinstall.

have any speakers/subs easily accessible...rub it across the magnet on the back of those...I've done that with all of my tools

Use the valve covers and lower intake from the motor you took out of your rig......

I must be tired, but this would be a "duh" moment if I ever heard one :itsallgood: . :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping me straight though, I do appreciate the help and advice :bounce:

I still suck...won't get over to work on it until Monday now. Work obligations and a little family time is needed to keep the peace. Will post pics as soon as I learn how to use this fancy typewriter. :shrug:

Got the timing belt, h2o pump and the cam and crank seals out tonight, only to find that I had the wrong seals. I will get the correct seals tomorrow and then get the seals in and the pump and belt, at least. I will then try to get as much of the other stuff transfered over.

I will try to get some pics posted soon.

Semper Fi

I started taking parts from the old engine and putting them on the new engine. h20 pump, cam and crank seals and then I went to put them crank gear on for the timing belt. Well my luck continues as I know it. The crank is to big, 32mm as compared to the old crank is only 25mm thick. GRRRRRR. We are switching the engines tomorrow. So I just removed some plates the go behind the timing belt, the oil pick up tube, the spark plugs and other items that had been transfered.

Oh well, more practice on the engine. The guy I bought the engine from tells me the engine is from a rare 97 Nissan that has the larger crank, other would have been fine. He offered to buy new cam and crank seals and the h20 pump.

Alls well.