Anyone from the island?

Riddles

I'm not from the rock Riddles but I'm currently in Comox visiting my Mom and doing some work on her place. Gotta go home today :( so I'm bummed...it's frickin amazing out here.

While I was here, I noticed there are way more Pathfinders rollin around than in Winnipeg. Climate/salt could be one reason but it still makes me go hmmm.. I mean i see more wd21's but I've also noticed alot of r50's as well.

I Know there are a few British Columbians on the board,

What gives? Anybody with theories on Pathfinder Nation.

Last time I went Renfrew to Cowichan was in my 510 so unless the road has gotten really bad, it will not be much of a challenge for a Pathfinder.

Unfortunately it has been a few years since I drove any of the back roads on the Island, so I can not offer any options. I do get back once in awhile to see my Dad in Oak Bay and for the odd bit of work but no wheeling time I'm afraid.

have fun and keep us posted on what you find.

haha yah That has happened in the past but there are skidder trails that a billy goat would have trouble on, They did fix the road awile back but I no there is 3 and one gos well past Cowichan I am trying to dig up my Forestry maps that show all trails. Next time your down this way drop a line 250 744 44 59 I live right beside Elk lake at least you could get some fishin in.

Cheers

The forestry map are usually out-of-date (I know, I work in forestry and used to know a lot of the roads on the south end/east side of the Island). Get this instead:

vol2Lg.jpg

vol2Lg.jpg

Sample map:

vol2.jpg

I have most of the interior ones and they are pretty good.

This is their web site, lots of info here: Backroad Mapbooks

Edited by Trainman

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone from the island or Mainland is into a November trek in the woods let me no. I am thinking Island exploring or even over on the mainland, would like to camp along the way and aviod hotels etc.. we can leave out if its going to be island people from my place (get everyone ready) and sober enuff to roll bwhaha I waz thinking a week or so long?

Let me no if anyone is down for it.

Cheers

Oh yah I am firing up the still again so lots to keep warm at night.

• 1 month later...

I'm not from the Island, from Coquitlam and living in Creston (Kootenays) for the winter. However I usually head to the island for a week or so every summer and would be interested in a ride. Long way off I know.