Electric Question...

texasbudman

Good Day,

I got a Electrical question... I was showing my girlfriend how to use the portable air pump (that plugs into the cig lighter) and the light came on (on the pump) but something popped when she turned on the compressor... It wasn't the air pump and the cig lighter doesn’t work but the A/C blows just not cold...

Now something similar happened before, but I just replaced the two pretty blue fuses and back in business... but I ck'ed all of them more than once and they all looked good... however the other day the A/C stopped blowing COLD AIR and I pushed in the little light blue square box above the fuses and presto... the little green light came on and cold air again... It happened a few other times but it didn't work this time though...

Did I blow the relay? I couldn't really pull it out, but I really didn't try real hard, it was late and I really don't know much about the relays either...

On that note... in the fuse box, above the fuses... I have Three Relays... the manual say there should be Two... but there appears to be room for Four... what are the 90 Pathies suppose to have??? I'm not sure when I will have time to start taking stuff apart... but I'm real hesitant on messing with something that might be jury rigged and screw up something else more important than the A/C...

Any and all useful information is appreciated... Thanks, Romeo

little light blue square box above the fuses and presto... the little green light came on and cold air again... It happened a few other times but it didn't work this time though...

this button your referring to is the "A/C" button correct if so it seems like your describing what its supposed to do...

and if it stopped blowing cold air and you push the button in and it doesnt turn green...its very possible that you have lost pressurization in the A/C system which happened to occur randomly with popping the cig lighter fuse which is onluy shared with the overhead lights IIRC

this button your referring to is the "A/C" button correct if so it seems like your describing what its supposed to do...

and if it stopped blowing cold air and you push the button in and it doesnt turn green...its very possible that you have lost pressurization in the A/C system which happened to occur randomly with popping the cig lighter fuse which is onluy shared with the overhead lights IIRC

The "blue square box above the fuses" was the second relay (going from left to right) that I would jiggle and the A/C would blow cold again... there are three relays in my 90 Pathy, however there is an empty space to possible fit another... the service manual tells me there should only be two relays...

As for the little green light on the A/C button... yeah it dosen't turn on anymore... loss of pressure in the A/C system... that dosen't sound good... know of any tricks to fix???

I've been riding motorcycles almost excluively for just over 13 years, this is actually the first anything with 4wheels I have purchased... I really don't know much about these crazy 4 wheeled things...

Thanks